Film Thread

Watched Sunshine for the first time. Remember it coming out and wanting to go see it in the cinema but it never happened. Enjoyed it, right up my street and a tiny bit Event Horizon-esque.

Cop shop on Prime is a decent time filler

Im halfway through The Fly (‘80’s) and struggling with the nails bit. It’s getting a tough watch - Got old, gone soft!

Watched Drive (the Gosling one, not the Dacascos one) again and it’s ok.

That films got everything, soundtrack, action, car chases, cool jacket. So good.

3 Likes

One of the best opening scenes ever.

Watched the new Scream, if I say The Force Awakens and Matrix Resurrections, you should know what you’re getting.

Sweeeeeet Caroline bUh bUh bah

2 Likes

The Drive soundtrack is amazing. As is the film.

2 Likes

Even got ultra violence along with Cranston as well. Might be my third or fourth watch.

Opener for anyone who’s not seen it;

1 Like

In my top 3 films easily

Same. Along with Leon and Goodfellas, I wish I could have my memory of watching it wiped so I could watch it for the first time over and over again.

1 Like

Hey look it’s my new best friend.

5d39f6aba13c955d0b76fa94

1 Like

I need to rewatch Drive. I saw it when it first came out and thought it was utter shite.

I tried rewatching after thinking it was shite too, it was still shite.

2 Likes

Def a marmite film.
I thought it was great.

:joy:

I like it.

A marmite film from a marmite director.

I think it was marketed like it was going to be a fast and furious style car chase film. And it actually turned out to be an arty, ultra violent film with a main character who barely speaks during the entire run time.

Still the directors most accessible film though.

I like NWR’s work. Saw Neon Demon recently and thought it was pretty good. I too enjoyed Drive.

Absolutely loved Too Old To Die Young. The sloooooooow burn and the amazingly precise camera work hit the spot. I’m still unsure of what to make of the last episode, though.

It just didn’t grab me, I generally dislike Gosling and Carey Mulligan, so that didn’t help.
I may have missed something, but it felt a bit ‘cool film’ starterpack.

Sounds like Baby Driver might work for you. I liked both, but I though Drive would be a bit faster paced.

It’s the slow burn that makes it work, you know something fucked up is coming but have to wait for it. Like No Country For Old Men.