Film Thread

What are we supposed to say ‘ooh Jason Lee’s first big Hollywood film!!’?
Not everything has to be mentioned.

…or joke about it too apparently.

1 Like

It was a Quinn Martin Production :wink: - same goes for The Invaders and The Streets of San Francisco, both favourites of mine as a kid. CBS Drama are currently showing re-runs of The Fugitive.

1 Like

It can’t have been a good part because I cannot remember him being in it.

1 Like

He gets squished by the truck, the guy who films ducks and catches it all to start with and hides the footage on Will Smith. Kind of a big plot point.

1 Like

Finally got round to watching Tenet. Need to watch it again to get my head around the science of it all properly.

Editing during the first 20 mins was relentless, which made me feel on edge and not in a good way. Sound mix was all over the place. I did enjoy it, though.

Mention of Tenet reminded me. I thought this was a pretty decent article on the sound issues that often seem to plague films these days:

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing that, it’s a great article and nice to read about the variables that productions come up with.

Continuing the 90s bangers, just watched Double Jeopardy. Film.

2 Likes

Strayed just outside the 90s tonight but still a proper film.

High_Crimes_poster

1 Like

Covid fun led me to watching Werewolves Within, which was just good fun and then In The Earth which was as mad as Wheatley gets. Good, though.

Second that, liked this a lot

2 Likes

North Hollywood had more going for it than expected.
The filmer guy from Mid90s has lead role, plus some unexpected cameos from the world of skateboarding
possibly too much zVictor Vaughn, but

I quite liked it. And Mid-90s.
but I never have to see them again.
and also, would never dare watch with the possibility of anyone overhearing/walking in.

1 Like

Haha, yeah

started Skate Kitchen.
first slam aftermath was grisly, but the film is sort of lovely so far

“No I’m a poser dude!” Hahaha

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder! I need to watch that.

1 Like

No time to die…but if it was any longer I may have . Absolutely would never watch this again. Which is not what brand bond wants . Bring on the next version already.

2 Likes

Yeah it wasn’t the best.

Might watch it again in a few years if I get 5 hours spare.

Really? I thought it was really good

House of Gucci

I thought everyone was great in this and it’s not my normal choice for a film, but I truly enjoyed this