Film Thread

Spinal Tap is on iplayer.

4 Likes

Top tip.

I’ve only seen this once. Will pop it on now!

Just watched jackass 4.5 on Netflix, proper funny and howling all the way through . Great behind the scenes docco too.

Also the new love death robots is really really good .

1 Like

Which also goes up to 11 on the volume

1 Like

Showed 1 and 2 to my son recently, probably a bit young to know that some dudes stuff toy cars up their ass or use anal beads to fly kites or use baby powder to help visualise a fart. Still, found it pretty funny, well, the fart and shit stuff anyway.

Just watched Everything everywhere all at once.
Absolutely amazing. Loved it.

How long did that take you?

4 Likes

I watched that last night too, pretty good. Bit too long and felt kind of like a Disney movie for adults, but I enjoyed it.

That’s worth an ARF!

Operation Mincemeat was okay… I was far more interested in how they pulled it off than the love triangle that didn’t actually feel like one and shoehorned in to pad out the film.

As is more often than not the case with remakes, the original film, The Man Who Never Was (1956), was way more watchable.

1 Like

Just watched The Father. Absolutely beautiful and terribly sad film. Hopkins was incredible.

1 Like

Yeah good film. Never got to the end, bummed me out pretty bad, reminded me of my gramps. What I saw was very good though.

The end is tough. My wife was balling her eyes out whilst I was trying to keep it together as I had the cat on my lap and I didn’t want to disturb her!

Went to the cinema on my own earlier to watch Top Gun 2. Had a reclining seat which was nice.

It was fucking amazing, probably better than the original.

Won’t spoil it but act 3 is why I rate it over the original since they actually have a proper mission and it doesn’t disappoint.

They didn’t try to do anything crazy with the film they just tried to throw it back to what made the original so good and it absolutely works.

You have to watch this in the cinema because when those after burners go off it’s absolutely amazing.

10/10

1 Like

Shirtless dudes playing volleyball and trying not to kiss right?

1 Like

isn’t this out on Friday, how you seeing it early jimmy tickets?

anyway getting forced to see this at the weekend.
wasnt’ fussed on the first one.

1 Like

It’s at the cinemas.

All the bad stuff from the original isn’t really there but all the good stuff is and more.

It’s cheesy but epic and just really fucking good. Strong cast.

1 Like

Then you might not enjoy at as much as I did but I was obsessed with aviation as a kid and I loved it growing up.