Football Thread

Hmm, it’s just how high his arm is for me, if you go in shoulder to shoulder and go a bit over the top that might be one thing but that arm is pretty high. Oh well.

I wonder if it was too early in the match for a red. They showed it in slow motion before the ref made a decision and I thought that it was gonna be an early red card

Anybody watching Chelsea v Spurs?
Highlight so far has been Dier popping off the pitch and down the tunnel, presumably for a quick slash.
Followed angrily by Jose who chased him back to the pitch.

4 Likes

Pens.

How is Dier still playing for a club like Spurs.

3 Likes

dive right for God’s sake
Ha, when one does, it goes the other way.

Not my favourite player but there’s a number of people you’d get rid of there before him I’d say.

As long as he doesn’t play for England or Villa, Dier can play where he wants. Wasteman

1 Like

Dier is shit. Take him at the Toon 100%. But shit for Spurs.

how in the fuck have we managed to loan Barkley from Chelsea. that’s some coup right there, him alongside McGinn and Grealish

I think that’ll be a helpful signing, he seems to havce gotten over his injury woes which is a good thing.

From hometown hero and adored by us Everton fans to going out on loan at Villa. I’m not hating on Villa, I just think his move to Chelsea was always going to be a mistake.

3 Likes

How many times does an English player make a move to a big club and just sit on the bench for most of their time? It’s such a waste and hinders their development in my opinion.

1 Like

It’s hard to disagree with that and he’s done some really weird stuff at that club which would normally see a player totally ostrasized as well.

1 Like

Like what?

100% on all of this. he’s a better player than Villa for sure (which is why it’s massive for us). he’ll fit immediately into our first 11 and improve us. can’t remember the last time he properly started for Chelsea

Never.

He’s 26. That doesn’t look too great.

Hopefully does bits for Villa.

Barkley insisted he should take the spot-kick, snatching the ball off regular penalty taker Jorginho, but his effort cannoned off the top of the crossbar.

Then there was the drunken kebab spilling incident and the thing in Dubai…

3 Likes

he’s only 26? damn

Toon through on Pens against Newport County! Better than being another scalp at Rodney Parade.

1 Like