Football Thread

Madness

I used to be a fan of Laca but he’s missing sitters on a weekly basis now, not good.

I feel he’s a confidence striker who hasn’t been on point for about two years

Pfft, Villa are the Barcelona of 2020 mate, why wouldn’t you want to watch us :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Oh dear Arsenal.

Fuck me, I turned over as the mrs wanted to watch I’m a celeb. Just looked at the score and can’t believe it! Watkins is really adapting to the prem well.

Called 606 people whinging about Bruce, done a decent job.

Fuck another international break? What a piece of shit. Middle of lockdown and players are flying all over the place the play football

It’s ridiculous, I just read that Ireland has a player just test positive for Covid.

IIRC England had a friendly cancelled for this break due to COVID only for them to replace that opponent and rebook the friendly.

Personally think this level of international football shouldn’t be happening right now anyway. And even if Covid wasn’t a thing. Nations League was brought in to stop pointless friendlies. Now we have pointless friendlies to warm up for the pointless tournament that replaced the pointless friendlies!

1 Like

Yer New Zealand.

1 Like

1000%. I said a month ago during the last international break that they should just scrap this tournament. The fixture calendar doesn’t need it. No one cares. It’s pointless bullshit that is risking players health

1 Like

The moyes one! Grim

1 Like

They’re lucky they have that Phillips guy who looked so good against West Ham, he’ll have his work cut out now though!

I recall similar happening with Sturridge in 2014 (post Suarez) and he never regained sustained injury-free spells after that. Just as well Matip is back, but still, Phillips and Williams (I think, younger lad anyway) seem to be ready to fill in.

1 Like

I read this in the Guardian.

According to reports, the FA would have been on the hook for a seven-figure refund to broadcasters had it not been able to schedule a friendly at Wembley on Thursday so, after first-choice New Zealand pulled out, step forward the Republic of Ireland.

Seems like these only reason these pointless friendlies are going ahead is due to money.

ohhhhh yeah i get it now. pointless bullshit match that risks player health for pointless tv moneys

Surprise!

One of the pundits was talking about that the other day after all the big club’s managers were moaning about the schedule this weekend. They complain to the FA to get bigger rest gaps between games, but then the players just fuck off and play somewhere else in that gap anyway

Not sure what it would take for Maguire not to play for England. It’s getting ridiculous now

Someone needs to hide his boots.

1 Like