Football Thread

That was one of the dullest finals I’ve ever seen, nice to see Henderson lift the cup though :+1:

Just some thoughts on the CL final. It was a penalty. Full disclosure, I’m a Liverpool fan but I can hand on heart say, if that had been at the other end, while I’d have been pissed off, I’d have had to admit that it was a penalty. You can’t stick your arm out in the box for that long and then not expect a penalty if the ball hits it. BUT, that penalty killed the game. Both team seemed shellshocked by it.

While I agree Liverpool were woeful, I can’t agree that Spurs were the better team. I just think Liverpool managed the game better. Spurs barely threatened.

In both teams defence, having the game 3 weeks after the season ended in 28 degree heat probably didn’t help to make for a great game. Both teams looked leggy and knackered.

Still chuffed though! 6 times.

1 Like

Why did he even put his arm out like that? Odd move.

think he was pointing for the defender behind him to cover the run.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BySwdJvC5BV/?igshid=13715a7pabili

Who Firmino? Looked like he was being tracked and marked pretty well to me.

Admittedly I was quite drunk watching it at the time and thought it was closer to the by line than it was.

I think He was telling Tripper to force him wide.

But this is Sissoko, so the majority of the time even he doesn’t know what Sissoko is doing.

1 Like

I’d go with that! He’s had some good patches this season though in fairness.

Can’t believe Southgate watched that champions league final and thought that playing Kane at any point would be a good idea. Stones and Walker should be banned from International football at all costs

Kane is shit

2 Likes

I watched that in the pub. Everyone got so confused at the last two goals, because the defending was so shit that they both looked so deliberate that the whole pub cheered, then went really quiet. Was pretty funny. Nobody really gives much of a shit about internationals anyway hey

I get that we have injuries to some good players but was that really the best squad we could muster? How many games has Stones played this season? City only bought him to make up their English contingent, he’s appalling. Who the fuck is Damien Rice? Never heard of him

I’ve hated the England squad for over a decade, the world Cup restored some faith and just like that we’re back to being an absolute shambles who rely on big names

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE GARETH

Agreed! God knows why Delph got a game either.

2 Likes

Also, think of the sort of form you used to have to produce to get in that team, 13 goals in 47 appearances for Rashford this season…

Stones had a good season though, think that was arrogance. Don’t worry about Kyle Walker, he only started because TAA was being rested.

Fuck it. If we’re going out, I’d rather go out early and get on with summer.

there was only one match left!

Hazard nearly gone and Chelsea have that transfer ban as well as complete confusion over there manager situation. Going to a tough season for Chelsea I reckon.

That we wouldn’t of won, haha.

1 Like

They bought Pulisic from Dortmund in January anticipating Hazard leaving and the transfer ban.

they have like a million players on the books already which is what caused the ban to begin with

in January they signed Pulisic for £60 mill and then loaned him back to his original club. they’ll be fine (in that they won’t really be challenging for the title but will probably get top 4)

edit - lol naan beat me to it