Football Thread

Fulham have a cracking ground. Craven Cottage has a lot of charm to it. But with the amount they spent in the summer they shouldn’t be going down. Going to be impossible to hold on to Mitrović.

I’m a Villa fan from a Fulham family so last season playoffs was interesting for me. I like Fulham but they had a good run last season that got them into playoffs. They then replaced most of the squad that got them up with exceptions like Sessegnon and Mitrovic. They haven’t really gelled well as a squad with you’d expect really. It’s a shame because I’d like to see them keep those players and do well but it’s going to take a miracle

Both Sessegnon and Mitrovic will be gone. I’d happily have both at Wolves. Although I don’t think Mitrovic would fit into our style of play. I still don’t understand why Newcastle wanted to get rid of him. Must of been some behind the scene politics.

I do hope the Villa come back up soon, but I still think there’s a lot of work to be done. I think if they made the playoffs and were promoted this season they might struggle in the prem next season. I’m unsure what the financial situation is with them after they were bailed out last summer.

Man it’s the usual thing - our fans are deluded. They’d take getting back into the Premier league at any cost but now is not the right time. You (Wolves) won the championship at a canter, built a good team, strengthened well and now you’re doing great. We’d go straight back down too if we came up currently (probably after buying loads of overpriced players)

100% agree. The team need to hold on to Grealish but also move away from relying on him like they currently do.

lol when he was out for the last few months we struggled to win a match and looked poor. he comes back in and we win every match. yet STILL our fans are like “yes we’re heading up”

drives me nuts

championship is a fantastic competition though

Very underrated competition. As much as I am enjoying the dizzy heights of the premier league, the championship is a fantastic league to be in!

Got rid because he is lazy and has a temper. Plus we didn’t really have the kind of players around him that he needed for service.

I wonder where he’ll end up next season when Fulham go down.

sadly he’ll probably end up somewhere boring like Palace or Burnley. he’s definitely improve his game last 2 seasons, could be more prolific in a better team. i’m more interested to see what happens with Tammy Abraham - he clearly feels he’s good enough to stay at Chelsea but similar to Mitrovic he’ll probably end up somewhere boring

I was quite excited about the prospect of Tammy coming to Wolves when that was looking likely. He’s a good player but he’s nowhere near ready to be in a top 6 team. Potential yes, but no ready yet. Saying that Chelsea have there own problems with the transfer ban they have. Could be an interesting summer.

i was so gutted when it looked like he was going to go to you guys but he would’ve been sick there for sure. exactly the kind of team play he’d excel in

Birmingham City will be deducted nine points by the English Football League for breaching profitability and sustainability rules.

England vs Czech Republic tonight.

yeah but they’re not getting a trade embargo or anything else. so the lesson is that if you spend spend spend without getting money back you just need to be able to win the championship by 9 points

Good result for England. Should be interesting tonight. Savic and Jovetic only players of note in Montenegro team. Although Jovetic has a habitat of scoring pingers against us.

Edit: He’s injured haha.

Thought England were fantastic the other night. Kane’s pass to Sancho to set up Sterling’s goal was a thing of beauty.

Cardiff trying to get out of paying for a player who died joining their club is right up there with the scummiest behaviour. Maybe if they hadn’t forced him to pay for his own flight over this wouldnt have happened. Twats

1 Like

Nantes should get something but I don’t think the full fee.

Catalonia playing their first International friendly tonight since 2013, and 2009 the previous one. Should be interesting.

Nazoreth, is their more info on that story?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47696561

Its been going for a bit though. Sala’s plane disappeared. Club and fans in mourning. Dust settled a bit and then Nantes and Cardiff started arguing over money