Football Thread

Damn, touchy subject I guess. If Fifa received the certificate then its legally binding. Still its not a very nice situation.

Cardiff will reportedly state that the deal for Emiliano Sala became “null and void” when he was tragically killed in a plane crash in January.

They are saying the contract signed by Sala with Cardiff was rejected by the Premiere League, with a revised one due to be completed, until he was involved in the tragic plane crash which took his life. So they never ‘officially signed him’, is their stance now.

Sadly I imagine they are worrying about money because they are likely to get relegated. Parachute payments from going down aside, it will be ÂŁ15mil they think they can save.

Also do they have the same Chairman that changed their home strip from Blue to Red a few years back?

They’re still owned by Vincent Tan if that’s who you mean. He seems a little crazy

Yer that guy. Montenegro game was good.

Hats off to Sterling, Danny Rose, Hudson-Odoi et al for cracking performances amidst racist abuse.

i love how Hudson-Odoi was at fault for the Montenegro goal and having a bad goal right up until we scored and then all of a sudden he was having a blinder and one of the best England prospects ever. commentators are bipolar i swear

The whole Cardiff/Nantes/Sala thing is terrible. In the intitial wake of the event everybody acted very properly. But since then not so much. Nantes were probably a bit too eager, and Cardiff started questioning the legality of the contract - something they may not of done had he of not sadly passed. The whole thing is mental. I’m surprised that football clubs don’t have some sort of insurance for something like this.

Only saw the second half of the game last night. Montenegro need to have action taken against them. The fans were terrible and credit to all the players for working through it. Sterling has been a revelation this season for club and country. 4 goals and and assist in two games (and got the Kane penalty the other night) is quite something. Glad to see the narrative starting to turn on him in a more positive light.

2 Likes

And the award for the worst abbreviation goes to…

2 Likes

rofl that MUST be deliberate

also - Montenegro, the country in a union with Serbia, does not have a history of racist abuse? really?

More racism unfortunately in Serie a. This time with Cagliari supporters making monkey chants to Moise Kean.

This is his celebration:

https://streamja.com/a4rB

1 Like

Sorry to toot my own own horn… but undeafeated in 3 games against United all season feels great…

1 Like

Also, anybody that says that money will buy success just need to look at Fulham. Spent a fortune and are relegated by the start of April. Money may be a massive asset in football at his point in time, but it needs to be spent wisely, and cannot be depended on. Interestered where Sessegnon, Mitrovic and Shurle end up next season.

Glad they went down.

we talked about Fulham earlier in the thread. sad that they’re down because the Cottage is lovely but yeah buying an entire squad is stupid

Lets see whose badge Mitro is kissing next season, saying he’s always wanted to play for them.

Will be interesting to see where Chambers in playing next season, can’t see him coming back to Arsenal.

Maybe a 3rd successive loan, and relegation.

wouldn’t mind chambers at blades if we make it up…

Hope you go up, my Grandad has a box at Brammell Lane.

1 Like

If Liverpool win the league will they have done it by picking up the most points from dubious goals?

3,216 Likes, 104 Comments - ODDSbible (@oddsbible) on Instagram: “Just a tad offside 😂”

Fuck United – See ya.

Time they bought a back 4.