Football Thread

I thought 20mil was cheap for Tripps.

Wouldnā€™t go that far, he was certainly better than Walker when he was still there.

Especially if Zaha is worth double apparently! I like him as a player but heā€™s hardly a goal or assist machineā€¦

All players are overvalued these days so I think 20mil is about right for Trippier.

trippier has been riding that free kick from the world cup all year. heā€™s been rubbish

2 Likes

This happens in international games, where the shirts donā€™t have sponsor logos. Otherwise, your theory does make sense.

Not his best season for sure but Aurier was never going to push him for a starting place with all his injury woes.

Once any rule is brought in, it goes for everyone. Save the ball ache of situations like that, ā€˜ā€¦but why can they do it but we canā€™t?ā€™

What on Earth was he thinking with this tackle, on a 17 year old in a friendly, no less. Complete moron.

https://streamja.com/g4rZ?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Cheeky little chip.

1 Like

ā€œGareth didnā€™t come on [against Bayern Munich] because he didnā€™t want to, and he said it was because the club was working on his exit,ā€ he said.

What?!!

Zinedine Zidane hates him for some reason and said last week that the sooner he leaves the club the better for everyone, but he refuses to go as he in contract till 2022.

Bale earns 550k per week. Mad.

The only reason I can think of is his words after winning them the CL last year.

I do find it really bizarre how tarnished his career has become (donā€™t if itā€™s just the media) because if you look at his record heā€™s only had one legitimately poor season, Benzema has had at least two and is known to blow hot and cold. Heā€™s also littered with trophies.

I feel bad for him as he really is a world class player and heā€™s done so much for Real, especially that wonder goal in the UCL final against Liverpool.

He should just take a pay cut and come back to the PL. Heā€™d do well and 30 isnā€™t old. That whole thing about players being done after 30 is just the media.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not just the media though, thatā€™s fans in general, the times when a playerā€™s body was basically done at 30 are long gone but apparently some people are still stuck in the dark ages.

ive heard and read in several places that bale really doesnā€™t care if he is playing or not and is happy so take the money and see out his contract. he is constantly on the golf course and is totally obsessed with golf and is very much phoning it in in training to get through the sessions so he can bugger off to the golf club and get a round in. this is one of the main reason that zedan doesnā€™t like him is that he is basically on a massive pay day to have a 5 year Spanish holiday at the golf course.

i have heard this quite a few times and it also explains why he is in no rush to find another club despite not really featuring under zedan

1 Like

Tbf as long as he starts performing again for Wales I donā€™t care which club he plays for

Just seen on Sky Sports that Hudson Odoi is close to a new 5 year contract at Chelsea worth Ā£180 k per week. Making him one of the leagues highest earners despite only playing a handful of games. Absolute madness.

There is definitely something odd going on with young English players at the moment, I remember all the hype around him in Europa League before his injury and whilst he did well and looked promising you canā€™t help but feel that if it was foreign player theyā€™d just be dismissed as not ready. Iā€™m all for giving people chances but this stuff has gone too far now.

Iā€™m pretty sure Loftus-Cheek and Mount have also got big long contracts as well now and both are far from proven at the top level, the former just goes from one big injury to the next. I donā€™t get it at all.

Likewise, Iā€™ve heard this a lot, but, even if true, when your employer stops giving a shit, especially one as fickle and downright shitty as Real Madrid, then your own motivation will drop too. Iā€™d like to see Bale back at Spurs personally.