Swap shirts?
Nah… thanks.

1 Like

looool

“they look like they’re going on a hen do”

1 Like

Worst paid manager in the league.

His football is so backwards.

I think that’s a joke and they have some specific rules about what goes on a shirt.

Well they played in it tonight away at Rochdale…

wasn’t it a friendly?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/49026053

One of the reasons players get a card if they take their shirt off to celebrate a goal is because that is the prime sponsor logo money shot (on the shirt), close up camera shot on the scorer, etc, so if it’s not there to be seen than the sponsors get pissed.

I don’t think that’s true at all.

Pretty sure you get carded for it so it’s a rule of the game.

It’s a new’ish rule really (15 years ago). I heard pundits and players discussing it when the rule was first introduced. Also there was been a few very small number of times a player hasn’t got their top back on before the game kicked off again. So that too.

I think it was more to put an end to the personalised messages they had on shirts underneath: “Happy Birthday Auntie Alice”, etc.

They still do that though, just don’t take their shirt fully off. So that’s not banned.

Maybe they should have their sponsors tattooed onto their belly.
Could get messy after a few transfers though.

And look like Kris Markovich!

I love that this deal has gone through, hope he does well out there.

1 Like

i wonder if this is the start of the big spurs exodus over the next 18 months

A bit more info on that Huddersfield kit.

I wouldn’t be surprised, they do have a track record of cashing in on players when the time is right, Berbaov, Bale and Modric for example.

Trippier is a bit shite anyway. Surprised Simeone wanted him. Odd transfer but if I was a Spurs fan I wouldn’t be bothered at all.

1 Like