Football Thread

He did alright…

2 Likes

Fair play. I must have just not noticed because Spurs were so shite to watch :joy:

2 Likes

Isn’t just that Spurs did their usual close of season bottling?

1 Like

Won 4 of our last 6 under Mason. It was Leicester that fucked the run in for the second year in a row.

2 Likes

Oh shit just looked it up.

Leicester have spent an incredible 567 DAYS in the Premier League’s top four over the last two seasons - more than ANY other team - but failed to secure Champions League football in either campaign

3 Likes

That is a crazy stat for sure but with the FA Cup win and the realistic chances of even reaching a CL final I don’t think they’ll be losing much sleep. I’m very interested to see what business they do this summer as they’re forever unearthing gems.

2 Likes

How are they reaching a CL final?

As in if they were to make the top four and get CL football, it’s pretty unlikely they’re going to reach the final or win it. But then it was unlikely they would win the prem so what do I know.

My point is with that FA Cup win and 5th they’re still overachieving.

1 Like

I’m really confused. With the euros coming up, I went to search for a football thread to see if one exists - and that’s the only way I’ve found this. Turns out there is (obviously) and it’s pretty active. How come I’ve never seen it on the front page? How did you lot access it?

Edit - I’d be fuming if I was a Spurs fan tonight. Everything has fallen apart with Conte.

Predictions please: winner of the tournament and golden boot winner?

It’s always been visible for me? Now you’ve posted in it, you’ll probably be able to see when it gets posted in from now on.

1 Like

My guess for eventual winners (because all the actual better teams will end up knocking each other out): Belgium

Top scorer: Lukaku

Dark horses who’ll go farther than expected: Turkey

England to Win

Kane Top Scorer I have faith.

Dark Horse: Scotland fuck it

I don’t really follow Spanish football too closely but Moreno for Villarreal has scored for fun in all competitions this season but seems to be Spain’s super sub and doesn’t start much. He’s 50/1 for an e/w golden boot paying four places

Fancy France to win and him, Mbappe or Benzema golden boot

1 Like

Wales to scrape through the group and get destroyed in the knockout stages.

I can dream……

Buendia to Villa. Good signing that!

1 Like

Didn’t Kane win the 2018 WC golden boot? Also bagged this seasons PL one as well. He knows he is in the shop window with the world watching too in this tournament, so he’ll be looking to bag a few, so I wouldn’t bet against him.

4 Likes

I know what you mean but I tried the Predictor thing on the official app and I got us winning the group but then coming up against Portugal in the next round and, even if we beat them, up against Spain after that. So he might run out of matches to score in.

You never know, there might be a few upsets no-one can predict in the group stages? Or gets a couple of hat tricks early, against Scotland, haha?

Really stoked with that. 30/40 mill for a quality player. Early business done

Norwich fans up here aren’t too cut up about it, they need to invest in their squad