Football Thread

Ah, shame. I was hoping he’d stay with Norwich as he’s linked up nicely with Cantwell and Pukki over the past few seasons. Guess he’s avoiding the inevitable relegation fight with that move though, but it’ll be good to see how him and Grealish compliment each other.

Good statement of intent from Villa.

Apparently we’re after Ward-Prowse now - very exciting!

3 Likes

Rofl Henderson

2 Likes

I wasn’t expecting much but my word this is dull, a goal in open play wouldn’t hurt.

That was painfully shit

England do have a really awful record against Romania to be fair, last win before this was something like ‘68?

Ward Prowse to Villa could make things very interesting next season!

2 Likes

Yep, I’m a fan of his for some reason. Maybe it’s the dead balls or that goal he scored against Chelsea where he sprinted into the box as his teammate took a shot and scored via a rebound/goalmouth scramble.

3 Likes

Grealish’s foul rate + Ward-Prowse on free kicks will be an absolute madness!

If Grealish has a stand out tournament like everyone seems to be predicting, there’s no way he’ll still be at Villa next season, haha.

£100M and he’s yours

City seem to be the interested ones.

Problem is, Grealish is born and raised Villa, has had several opportunities to leave but hasn’t and our current owners are fucking loaded

I dunno, he represented Ireland all the way up to u21 and then switched to England, so, there’s prior history, heheh.

4 Likes

Almost like Rooney and Everton in a way?

Kinda… Except Rooney was 18/19 when the Man U of old came calling.
Grealish is 25 and established as club captain.

£100M price tag.

We’ll see how it plays out, a lot of people also seem to think that Southgate doesn’t really rate him and he is not automatically in the starting team line up by any means. We’ll find out in a week.

That’s whats been annoying about these friendlies, we haven’t learnt anything from them. You’d thought Southgate would of been trying to pin down a system and getting the players available comfortable in those roles. I guess he just wanted to get players over the line and in to the tournament with no injuries (even though one was unfortunately picked up).

And the rest. Silly money being quoted for him and he hasn’t even had a good international tournament

I would imagine that a gentleman’s agreement must be in place for them keeping his drug ban quiet this season…

:fishing_pole_and_fish:

1 Like

England Croatia should be fun. Either we’re all right and England are defensive, boring and get beat. Or Southgate is a genius (lol) and we’re entertaining (lol) and get a good win (lol)

2 Likes