Football Thread

I know you get touchy when people disagree with you Mick so I’ll leave it here. I’m sure it’s probably getting a bit circular for anyone who is still reading.

Don’t we all love a good moan and/or heated debate about England football though? It happens at almost every tournament, even at Euro ‘96 it was happening but people only seem to just remember it as the best time ever apart from the way it ended of course.

1 Like

It’s coming home.

5 Likes

Lol everyone piling on ParmoViolet when all he really said was we don’t look like the best team in the tournament

4 Likes

Yeah it’s fine, I just bought a Neen board with goblins on it so wtf do I know about anything anyway? Ha

3 Likes

Hahaha what a way to finish.
I’d love us to win it, we got a chance. Monies on France / Italy at this point.

1 Like

This aged well…

3 Likes

Turkey were a lot of pundits dark horses tbf

3 Likes

Just finished listening to the Zonal Marking podcast and they ribbed Michael Cox for the same thing.

But that’s not what he really said though was it?

He is only happy when England are out of the tournament, that’s a bit different than saying we’ve been a bit rubbish so far, compared to other teams.

1 Like

Fucking hell is this still going?

Oh no, something that was said on a discussion board is being discussed! The horror! Haha…

1 Like

The beef got squashed this morning, yo. It’s boring now.

1 Like

A-woah, woah, woah, woah

Looking back on when we first met

I cannot escape and I cannot forget

Southgate you’re the one

You still turn me on

Footballs coming home again

4 Likes

Revel in our collective existential crisis. This is the best bit about supporting England.

1 Like

So many English people, that don’t support England… shocking state of affairs.

It’s easy to get caught up in the It’s Coming Home vibes and forget (like I am guilty of) that this is international tournament football and it’s totally different to the Prem.

Genuinely don’t know what you mean by that? Can you explain a bit more?

England could (like any team) get knocked out after tonights game, so I hope Southgate gives the fans something to get excited about while he has this bit of breathing space.

2 Likes

Yeah, so I’m talking about enjoying tonights game with more freedom, then worry about the knock out stages (game after), where England will face France, Germany or Portugal right? Oof.

Edit: You double posted before my reply, haha.

1 Like

It would be nice to see him take the hand break off tonight.
Can’t see it happening though.