Football Thread

Germany are probably so relieved they’re getting Flick to take charge before the World Cup. This is Löw’s last game.

But they really really really need to drop Werner. He is absolutely fucking shite.

2 Likes

Damn that challenge was horrendous, knee went the wrong way!

Whoever wins an extra half an hour has to be good for the England match, hopefully they’ll still be tired, haha.

If professional footballers are tired after doing an extra 30 mins then they shouldn’t be professional.

Neither team are pushovers but England should easily progress.

Both teams are taking a beating

Sweden are a man down though, that makes a massive difference

This is brutal, I think they’d all rather have pens.

1 Like

There’ll be nobody left to take them at this rate

1 Like

They’re not long distance marathon runners or have super human regenerating energy powers. There is a reason all games are spaced out the way they are for them to recoup and any extra time on the pitch will be energy sapping.

3 Likes

I dunno. I think that they should be able to cope with an extra 30 mins. It’s not a massive ask.

Ps. Awful tackle wasn’t it

1 Like

Just seen that Denmark have a week between their last game and next. That’s lucky af

England just had the longest break between games since group match and Ro16, and had absolutely zero travel to do.

They also have to travel to Rome for the next game, get settled, acclimatise, etc. The preparation, rest, training, etc. in tournaments is critical.

1 Like

What a cross.

Whoever wins will have half the first team missing from injuries, the way they’re going down at the moment.

Boooo! Pens denied.

Would have been gutted for Ukraine if they lost by penalties. They’ve definitely earned this.

Plus looking pretty good for us next round

1 Like

Was Dovbyk wearing a bro/mansierre?

1 Like

Beat me to it.

1 Like