Football Thread

He was booked for showing it.

1 Like

It feels written now. Easiest route to final, which is at Wembley. Manager avenges 1996. It’s coming home.

LOL. Just before bed my wife went on a near 10 minute long rant about why football is so shit.

Generally I would agree with her but tournament football is so good.

1 Like

Mine made me watch it on my phone because we were putting the baby to bed.

Just tired the old, well I’m over football for now and all yours till Friday excuse to a girl I’m seeing. She loves football too and caught out my blatant lie as theres no matches till Friday now, oops.

1 Like

They can obviously cope, but football is a sport of marginal gains, and 30 extra minutes of a high intensity game will definitely make a difference.
Plus they are conditioned for optimal fitness during a 90 minute game. Extra time really messes with that, which is why you see so many players struggling with cramp when it goes to ET.

1 Like

I was awake at 2am and read the live text on the BBC app. Stoked for you guys.

i still don’t get how all of this football related travel is being allowed. the UK press seems to be carefully avoiding mention of it. i looked around this morning and found a few european papers that were talking about the German authorities warning German people not to travel to England for yesterday’s match. Anyone who did would have to quarantine for 2 weeks when they returned

No Brits can travel to Rome for Saturday’s match because Italy is imposing a 5 day quarantine on us

Why is every other country doing it right and we’re STILL doing it wrong? You can see why people in hospitality/music industries are absolutely livid when football seems to be the exception to every rule but they’re still getting fucked

Chaiman of the World Medical Association “I can only advise against travel to see the games” “I don’t understand why Prime Minister Boris Johnson is allowing this”

1 Like

Still buzzing from that game yesterday, have just rewatched the highlights again.
I think this photo sums up how good the game was, the whole team seemed so happy for Kane to end his scoring drought, he just got absolutely piled on. That mixture of joy and relief all at the same time. I could see him go on a real scoring run now.

1 Like

To be fair, despite his happy chappy face, it looks like Walker got left out of a big gay orgy.

Hopefully, clean sheets are great and all, but they don’t win you knock out games. You need goals for that and it’s getting a bit frustrating having to wait for Grealish to be subbed on before chances start happening. Ukraine were pretty quick with a goal last night, so we can’t be messing about till half way through the second half to get going!

2 Likes

This is just so fucking weird.

5 Likes

Yeah Everton fans are so stoked on having him as manager…

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 16.56.22

1 Like

Good manager, hope he does well. Fuck the stupid tribalism. It’s been over 10 years since he was Liverpool manager.

1 Like

I’m sure if he starts winning things for them, they’ll soon forget. People are funny like that.

1 Like

4 Likes

Spurs finally have a manager.

What a weird day. Ex Liverpool manager now the Everton one and I would of thought he left Wolves because he wanted a move away from English football!?

1 Like

Statement said he left because he wanted to be closer to his family in Portugal but the general consensus was he got the sack and was given the chance to save a bit of face, Hancock style

Lol sack Nuno for doing a sick job, bullshit.

More like that turbo agent throwing his weight around hence the huge Portuguese contingent. That wasn’t Nunos doing.

3 Likes