Football Thread

Ajax were incredible yet again. How is Tadic suddenly one of the best players in the CL? Madness how good someone can become with better players around the. So stoked they fucked over Ronaldo!

1 Like

De Ligt smashed it as well.

Hoping Liverpool win the Champions league but if not, then I hope Ajax can win it. My only worry is theyā€™re probably going to get pillaged for all their best players next season.

I always find it interesting when a great player fails to thrive at a certain club due to whatever reasons, like Forlan and Veron at Utd, Torres and Shevchenko at Chelsea, etc.

LFC fan here. Canā€™t see them beating Barcelona to be honest, but yeah, stoked for Ajax. Was explaining to my 6 year old son last night as we watched some of the game that their captain De Ligt is closer to his age than mine by a good 10 years, heh.

Also an LFC fan. Iā€™m relishing potentially facing Barcelona. Iā€™m not deluded enough to think it will be easy but I do know that Liverpool can raise their game for big matches and I think weā€™ve got a fair chance. Barcelona donā€™t look comfortable when being pressed, which I guess theyā€™re not used to thanks to their superiority in most matches. Either way if we get past Porto, itā€™ll be a hell of a game.

i reckon Liverpool could beat Barcelona either over 2 legs or in a final (canā€™t remember how the draw sets up). Barcelona showed in both matches with Man U that their defence isnā€™t all that, Mane would have a great day

Well, city vs spurs might just have been the best football match ever (if youre not a city fan)

1 Like

I am and had no means of watching it.
Opted for radio.
However, good luck to both Liverpool and Spurs.

Ah sorry mush. It was amazing, city were firing but just didnā€™t go their way. The twist on the last goal was deeeeep. Game of thrones shit right there

1 Like

I shall catch up on it at some point.
Could spurs ruin two titles for City within the space of a week?
Same game again at the weekend in the prem.

Spurs gave it their all to get that aggregate win. I doubt theyā€™ll have a close to full strength squad fit by Sunday, compared to Cityā€™s embarassment of riches - as much as Iā€™d like to see Spurs fuck it for City and pass advantage over to Liverpool, I canā€™t see it happening.

1 Like

That was an attempted pass back by a Spurs player that bounced off of a city player into the control of another city player.
Tough offside call that.
Ah well.

That could hit the City confidence for the weekend and then see them put in a poor performance. Some shocking defending by both teams though itā€™s got to be said. No way you couldā€™ve been able to predict it coming down to a VAR decision for Spurs to win it- on aggregate! Great game for a neutral!

It means City canā€™t win the quadruple and can now concentrate on stopping Liverpool from winning the title.

Win, win for me, haha.

Oof they have to do it all again on Saturday, I think City will be looking for revenge and they have a deeper sqaud (so can rest players) unlike Spurs at the moment who donā€™t have that luxury after such a tiring match.

1 Like

yeah i thought that was properly weird, pretty fucked up interpretation of offside tbh

city definitely deserved it. best game iā€™ve seen in a long time either way

Iā€™ll highlight the pertinent bit:

Pretty straightforward.

As an Arsenal fan it pains me to disagree with you, but Eriksen was attempting to pass the ball to Ben Davies who was just behind him, but infront the rest of the spurs defence.

When Silvaā€™s deflection took the ball beyond Davies and into Agueros pass. ie effecting the direction of the pass.

Had the ball been played back to the CB and goal keeper and this had happened I donā€™t think itā€™s offside. But because it was intended to be played to Davies and clearly altered the direction of the ball itā€™s offside.

Bigger question for me was the choice of camera angle for Llorenteā€™s VAR goal

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwYuCCslp6C/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1mq58pqmqqb8y

Under the new rules next season this counts as handball.

yeah i get the rules les, just saying i think its aggy given that it was given from a defensive ball, probably shouldā€™ve worded it a bit better like !

So the new rules and VAR arenā€™t working already? sigh

Tell you whatā€™s aggyā€¦corners getting given when the ball gets deflected off a defenderā€¦ even if its just by a little bit. Awful business.

Alsoā€¦ donā€™t get me started on winning throw ins because just because the other team accidentally touched it last.

Itā€™s a bloody disgrace.

3 Likes