Football Thread

This might be the best analogy ever.

I get what @sk8arrog8 is saying, and he grates my nipples as well.

My real theory around him is that heā€™s the sort of guy to totally piss you off and annoy you when you arenā€™t acquainted, but as soon as you get to know him heā€™ll be such a good mate and always buy you beers.

1 Like

I just thought it was Bants that City Group bought him for New York City loaned him to Man City so he could score against Chelsea.

1 Like

Hmmmm. I donā€™t know really. Iā€™m annoyed that we let Digne go a couple days before they sacked Benetiz.

Van De Beek is a decent signing even though itā€™s very short term and who knows which Dele Alli weā€™ll get. Maybe Lampard will get him back to playing well but Iā€™m not holding my breath. Our centre backs are POOR so I would have improved that area first. Keane is so slow and his best days are long gone.

What about Newc? You staying up?

1 Like

Trippier, Bruno (surprised no one else went in for him), Wood, Targett and literally just now Dan Burn, boyhood fan and ex-season ticket holder and looked good for Brighton this season.

I mean weā€™ve bought tried and tested plus a midfielder who looks pretty fucking decent in Bruno. (Not even gunna try and spell his surname) UCL regular with Lyon, caps for Brazil.

We havenā€™t been that bad, our CBā€™s have been shit. Lascelles awful, Clark even worse (he rejected a loan to Boro), Schar looks better, but yer dropped 21 points from winning positions ā€¦

I think we will stay up with those signings, make it to summer and itā€™s a whole different ball game for us I think.

Whose starting CB for your lot? @sk8arrog8

I think youā€™ll just about stay up. Same as us probably. Our centre back pairing switched between Keane and Mina/Holgate. Poor standard of CBs for a Premier League team. Thatā€™s where we are going to struggle the most and with the very erratic Pickford in goalā€¦ā€¦.it worries me.

1 Like

Shame we couldnā€™t get another striker.
Joelinton is playing much better now thatā€™s he moved into a more attacking midfielder role but it kind of leaves us relying on Wilson and heā€™s pretty injury prone. Canā€™t see Woods getting many goals but would love to be proved wrong.
That said it was the defence that was the main thing that needed fixed quick and theyā€™ve really gone in there.
Seems like Lingard would have been a goer if Utd hadnā€™t put that mad 12 mil fee if ended up avoiding relegation.
Promising that it looks like none of the new signings have relegations clauses as well.

1 Like

We arenā€™t much better there. How olds Keane now?

Just give Trippier captaincy and thatā€™s a huge step in the right direction.

1 Like

Rites Trippier should be captain, Lascelles is dink. A proper liability. Heā€™s becoming more and more like Steven Taylor imo, which is never a good thing.

1 Like

Hilarious window from Arsenal giving away a bunch of players and not replacing any of them :+1:

3 Likes

29 but he runs at the speed of a 74 year old

1 Like

Still a selling club I guess? Maybe itā€™s hard to get out of that habit, once youā€™re in it? Them selling Robin van Persie to United, to help United win the title will never not be funny.

2 Likes

Greenwood gone from Nike and Fifa 22.

Oooof, that was quick, and quiet.

Loosely related is this spectacular climb down by Raith Rovers after giving rapist and thug David Goodwillie a 2.5 year contract. First of all, the womensā€™ team captain quit, shortly followed by the rest of the womensā€™ team and the sponsor dropping a lifelong association with the club, author Val McDermid

ā€˜We got it wrongā€™: Raith Rovers say Goodwillie will not play for club after outcry | Raith Rovers | The Guardian

If I ran a club Iā€™d not have offered him a contract but he could take the club to court now couldnā€™t he? He and that other player werenā€™t convicted. Maybe they are guilty and they are indeed total scum for all I know.

Civil case would say otherwise.

David Badwillie

4 Likes

Saying they have to pay him the whole deal.

How has that Boro goal been allowed to stand?! Hahahaha!