Football Thread

Ergh. Stinky Leeds.

That was a quick couple of touchdowns

How the fuck do Wolves have a red card but not Leeds? Even the linesmen are making awful decisions. It’s a fun watch but jesus the officiating is shit

2 Likes

Was at the game and genuinely didn’t realise Raul had been sent off for 5 minutes. Thought he was getting treatment. It’s a 50/50 and he is entitled to go for the ball, when the ref blew I thought it was for stopping a clear goal scoring opportunity.

I could spend all day ranting about Kevin Friend and the officiating, but it’s happening all over the PL. But what annoyed me the most was our naivety afterwards. Poor game management from Bruno, needed to change it post red card and left it too late when he did. And the second goal for Leeds was a joke. Jose Sa and our defenders more worried about their player down than Leeds were, which causes them to not be switched on as Leeds come away, god know what Saiss was doing when he hacked the ball into nowhere, and next thing you know it’s level. So so poor.

Do Arsenal beat Villa today?

I know nothing about football - I’ve only ever been into skating. But my wife and 2 daughters are really into it and they’re taking me to an England match next weekend. They’ve printed out flash cards with pictures of players on and they’re trying to get me up to speed with who they are.
So far I’ve learned to recognise and learn a few facts about Pickford, Grealish, Stirling, McGuire and Foden. They want me to know the whole team and their songs etc by the time of the match.

1 Like

Well, Grealish, Stirling and Foden are genuinely exciting to watch, unless your own team is on the receiving end of their skills. Pickford is horribly overrated, Maguire is meh at best. Main thing to appreciate is the longer build-up to a goal, off-the-ball running, quick passing, that sort of thing. And the odd thunderblast goal from outside the box. Forget all the soap opera shenanigans in the build up, it’s all bullshit.

2 Likes

Good synopsis! I imagine Saka will be playing as well.

2 Likes

I just read out some of that post when they were testing me. I almost sounded like I knew what I was talking about. It was like that episode of the IT Crowd

3 Likes

Yep, Saka’s good to watch too. Keep an eye out for Declan Rice aswell, he’s a midfielder, runs around a lot, sets up the play for the guys ahead of him, he gets shit done. Best Irish young player of the year in my opinion too, haha.

Fake it till you make it!

This is what I need

1 Like

3 Likes

That Bale freekick :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

1 Like

Not bad.

5 Likes

Italy have been knocked out by North Macedonia?!

2 Likes

Welsh fans seem to be celebrating like we’ve made the world cup. I’d save these shenanigans for June.

1 Like

Italy of World Cup. Mad.

2 Likes

You know what this means lads…

IT’S COMING HOME!

1 Like

90 mins away from our first World Cup since 1958. We deserve to get pissed tonight!

1 Like