Football Thread

Haaland now 8 goals in 4 games off the bench :exploding_head:

3 Likes

I held off on joining that hype train but Iā€™m fully aboard now, heā€™s been ridiculous. This goal was madness, look at how confident the shot was from that angle!

I knew Jose would be bad for spurs but Iā€™m surprised theyā€™ve kept him this long. Football is generally appalling compared to what it was like under Poch. Players look unhappy. Donā€™t feel he can take credit for that win at City either, certainly wasnā€™t any kind of tactical master class

edit - lucky penalty aside. still played shitty

this was funny though:

1 Like

That was absolutely gold yes

1 Like

What an idiot.

Never been the fan of the lad. Comes across as an arrogant bell piece, and the only reason heā€™s apologising is because heā€™s been called out on it and his agent has told him too. I doubt he realises really why what he did was wrong. Prat.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t a video get leaked of him having a bit of a sex party in a hotel room with a bunch of prostitutes a few years ago?

I donā€™t keep track very closely but I think heā€™s had a few controversial incidents down the years, but @anon83623327 is right, still early days for him. Aside from his form he does seem to pick up a lot of injuries.

Yer he was getting noshed off by some red head in a hotel. Looked awkward.

Talent or not, he regularly comes across in not exactly the best light. I appreciate the British press are at best, arseholes, but the lad doesnā€™t help himself.

Seems to be a similar situation to Lingard, where fame, money and social media have had an adverse affect on the potential they have as players.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure he ever really had potential, not to be a regulat top performer at top 6 club anyway. A handful of good games does not equal potential, he had numerous loan spells as well and impressed in almost none of them.

1 Like

Lingaard is shite.

2 Likes

He is definitely shite.

So glad for Sancho, Grealish, Mount et al, so we donā€™t have to see him at the Euros.

2 Likes

Gonna be so pissed if Grealish isnā€™t in the squad. Absolute beast this year. Week in week out in the Premier league

3 Likes

Hate Villa ā€“ but have to agree. Workhorse.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if heā€™s not in the squad, thereā€™s something very strange going on with England selection; if some people play well for a few games then theyā€™re thrown straight in but with others they have to earn it. Heā€™s changed his tune multiple times on certain criteria as well; first they have to have no injury concerns and then he drops that idea, then he says they have to be playing regularly for their club but thatā€™s soon ignored. All very odd.

If Danny Ings isnā€™t in the squad then something is badly wrong.

And Vardy, I know heā€™s retired technically, but you have to pick on form.

Maddison and Vardy would be sick to see playing for England.