Football Thread

Yeah Vardy is a huge loss to the squad, a forward that can actually deliver at a tournament or still do it against top sides is not someone you want to retire. Oh well.

Heā€™ll come back if asked.

Grealish is levels above his team mates at Villa. McGinn too in all fairness. Says a lot about Grealish though, but also a fair bit about the recruitment at Villa. I still donā€™t see the hype around Mings. Saying that I donā€™t see it around Declan Rice either.

Ings has to get a call up soon, and maybe bias is coming in, but how Coady hasnā€™t even been given a shot Iā€™ll never know. Southgate says itā€™s because they play as a 4 instead of a 3 that Wolves play in. But I still say heā€™s worth a chance. Captained for England at younger ages too, so he knows the setup.

The summer transfer window could be England international heavy with the likes of Grealish, Sancho and maybe Maddison on the moveā€¦

1 Like

Mings is solid and good at controlling his defence. Can attack a ball fairly decently as well. Could be on the plane but not sure if should be playing (that being said, there is a long list of shit English defenders who are in contention)

Not convinced by Mings or Rice.

Honestly Sean and Matty Longstaff next World Cup. Saw Matty play the other week in the flesh, does not stop running and winning the ball.

no chance mings is good enough for england squad, jack oā€™connell is light years better (not biased)

As with every competition, I feel thereā€™s a really good England squad in there somewhere, but itā€™s going to end up being Dele Ali and an unfit Harry Kane all over again

Kane is World Class lets be honest.

He is. But not when heā€™s injured and not match fit, see champions league final for reference. Moura shouldā€™ve played

Iā€™d rather a match fit Vardy over anything other than a fully match fit and firing Kane

2 Likes

Fair point Sir!

1 Like

Itā€™s not just him though, we could have a really interesting young squad. I bet weā€™re going to end up with Phil Jones instead

1 Like

If Kane isnā€™t fully fit before the tournament he shouldnā€™t go for me. Point regarding the CL final is spot on.

2 Likes

And itā€™s so soon!

1 Like

Rice looks good in a shit west ham team, not watched him for england as i dont watch england games, but imagine against average or below average teams england generally play and with good players around him he holds his own.

put him in a top side and he will be found out quicker than john stones

Holy shit! Theyā€™ve finally proved they actually give a shit and imposed a proper sanction

I bet this gets overturned or reduced.

Crazy.
Even if they win it this year, which they wonā€™t, they donā€™t get to defend it.

Yeah as far as I remember no FFP punishment has fully been carried out but one season banned from Europe would be massive. Itā€™d affect their transfer dealings a great deal

Some fair points on BBC live feed currently - Pep will likely leave if upheld along with most of their stars, their appeal will take a little while to be processed as always but quite often get upheld

If I was a city fan Iā€™d be fuming. So many clubs take the piss. However they have definitely been one of the biggest piss takers about FFP and the football association needs to make a firm stand sometime

I just read that if they do appeal (which they will obvs) then it might push the ban back a year due to slow proceedings