Football Thread

Lol ex villain gives away the softest penalty ever to help villa towards a fully undeserved victory

3 games with 9 points, 9 goals and 2 conceded in 6 days is bloody good going for Wolves. Absolutely buzzing!

Also agree with this heavily. On first view I thought it bumbled through but his composure to roll it round and score was unreal.

2 Likes

Wolves are flying!

2 Likes

Was at the Villa game today. Massive win. Never a pen, but we move!

Stoked at half time when Leon Edwards came out for an interview and a lap of honour with his UFC belt.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Man of the people. Fuck off.

@tomgnargore hows was Rocky Edwards?

2 Likes

Dunno which one is worse.

5 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking.

2 Likes

He was cool. Answered a few questions then did a lap of honour round past the Trinity and the Holte End. Lots of family with him and lots of selfies!

1 Like

Nice man he’s always come across pretty well I thought.

Oh dear Arsenal, nice to see this good form from Jimenez though.

1 Like

Let’s go oooo Fulham

1 Like

Arteta out!!!

4 Likes

Man nobody does fan base meltdowns quite like Arsenal. It’s the Premier league, anyone can beat anyone

5 Likes

Estupinan? He’s a favourite with my son and I, we both let out an audible “Oooof!” and a chuckle of disbelief when we saw that one in the YT highlights.

Really interesting to see how that performance Fulham put in against Liverpool a few weeks back has really pushed them on and given them a huge lift in recent weeks.

Similarly for Wolves, they were in a rough spot at the start of the season where the VAR decisions were blatantly against them or they just were unlucky despite playing really well. Hwang Hee Chan is killing it for them.

3 Likes

Gary O’Neil is doing wonders at Wolves. Sold key players in the summer and had Lopetegui say on record he didn’t think we could compete in the PL. He then leaves 3 days before the season and big Gaz comes in and not only steadies the ship but has got it firing. The unity and atmosphere has been the best it’s been since before COVID. All the players likeable, together and working hard for the manager and fans. It’s great to see.

I think this season is my favourite ever so far. Anyone can beat anyone, you really can’t predict it. The title race is still so open, Europe is still so open and although I predict Sheff U and Burnley may not have enough, there are still numerous teams going to be in the battle for survival. Officiating is still the worst but I’ll allow that for this positive post. Football is bloody great!

5 Likes

Gunna get pumped by the scousers here. One disallowed goal and we saved a pen already.

They look very on it. Apart from Tent missing the rebound from Dubs.

The toon certainly don’t.

Bruno’s gunna get sent off.

Howe out :wink:

Edit: we’ve had a fucking goal disallowed now!

Quite an eventful half of football. Shocking refereeing but then they do need to give Klopp something to moan about later

2 Likes

3-1 we are well off it at the moment.

We need to batter the Mackems in the FA Cup and kickstart 2024.

Wasn’t exactly expecting much from this.

Edit: 3-2