Football Thread

Never a pen

1 Like

Lol at that penalty. Decisions in this match just getting worse

1 Like

Jota with the most blatant dive thatā€™s Var have upheld?

2 Likes

The argument is that there was contact which is true but still, man went home and had his tea before going down

How on earth does Bruno get away with so many fouls and so few cards. Couldā€™ve had a second yellow a few times over

2 Likes

Donā€™t get why he didnā€™t just score looked like heā€™d done all the hard work!

2 Likes

Didnā€™t watch the game but just saw the clip. Very very poor from Jota!

1 Like

I didnā€™t watch just checking scores.

Looked like his touch had got away from him and maybe didnā€™t want to risk it by being honest, so remembered he had been minutely clipped 5 minutes earlier.

4 Likes

As a Liverpool supporter that was quite scary to watch. Officiating was dreadful, and it just looked like a day when we just werenā€™t going to score no matter how many chances we had. Despite his lack of clinical finishes I absolutely love Darwin Nunez. Always plays like heā€™s willing to both kill and die for the shirt. If Trent had scored that attempt itā€™d be one of the best goals Iā€™d have ever seen on a live broadcast. Isak goal was scarily reminiscent of Thierry Henry; great player he is, pure class.

4 Likes

Fuck me. Just watched the highlights. I thought the Diaz delayed dive was bad but wow that Jota one is unreal. I canā€™t believe he got away with that. The football equivalent of an afterbang.

3 Likes

Proper afterschool modelling going on there. Like tbk11 said, Jota had done all the hard work before the graceful swan dive. Canā€™t believe that was upheld.

Was a disgusting dive but equally donā€™t hugely mind us losing to a better team - no point papering over the cracks with January spending coming.

2 Likes

Wonā€™t be spending much - just watched the highlights. Jota man wtf?

1 Like

Like a fucking salmon

1 Like

Cooper in?

imagine taking a club from 6th to 20th and then pleading for more time, ridiculous. they should stick with Rooney to see how far he can take them (down the leagues)

2 Likes

I get the impression that Rooney will be more gutted about having to be at home all day with Coleen than losing the job.

1 Like

https://x.com/powndland/status/1742185605344186401?s=46

ā€œHe screwed that granny and now heā€™s fucked Birmingham Cityā€ :joy:

2 Likes

Every single Geordie I know is shitting it more than us mackems about Saturday right now haha. Couldnā€™t get a ticket originally then took on working a shift then got offered one other day and canā€™t bastard take it, gutted. Letā€™s hope trippier is still on form hehe.

Sunderland squad yesterday - Ā£7.5m

Newcastle squad yesterday - Ā£260m

Similarly for FA cup shit

Man City - Ā£853m
Huddersfield town - Ā£28m

Haway the underdogs. Interested to see how Toon play against City next couple weeks n all.

2 Likes

Howeā€™s job is on the line. Lose and heā€™s done surely