Football Thread

Footy is so unpredictable. Look at the support fore Howe and Newcastle’s results from start of the season to his general appeal right now! He’s fighting for support, meanwhile Sunderland are training with our new manager for the first week before the same game and majority of the fans want never wanted him.

With regards to the unpredictability to how mad it’s been to see Leeds go from shite to mega, and Luton and Forrest’s wins.

3 Likes

We’re on a shite run but I’d definitely not wanna replace him until summer regardless of results. Well bar us ending up in a relegation battle.
Doesn’t help that we’ve Man City and Villa after the Mackems!

2 Likes

DCL getting sent off.

No chance in hell it’s a red. Fucking joke.

1 Like

This game is so shit. Why am I still watching?! :joy:

1 Like

Seen it now, red is harsh but what kind of idiot makes a tackle like that in 2024? Probably just wanted an early bath, bless him

I agree with this, rush in with studs up and you’re just dicing with it even if you don’t make any kind of contact. People saying the ‘game’s gone’ clearly gloss over the incidents when it’s gone badly wrong.

1 Like

yeah that’s how i feel. any challenge could go wrong and cause injury, but a challenge like that which could have easily caused a career-ender deserves punishment even if it doesn’t break a leg. again, harsh red but he’s a silly boy

1 Like

The games gone.

1 Like

yeah and why are they stopping the games for these head injuries, bunch of pansies. in my day you’d be playing with a broken leg, in the snow, only 3pm kick offs. no women allowed at matches. it was a better time all round

1 Like

on which bit, the tackle? i’m always happy to see villa players get in trouble for bad tackles. look at how many awful challenges Mings has made in his career alone. he should’ve got harsher bans for a lot of those face stomps for a start

ehhhh sod it

1 Like

Olivera’s face made contact with the underside of Mings’ boot. Should have been a free kick for us!

3 Likes

Another classic, unintentional I’m sure…

1 Like

Going to watch some proper football tomorrow - Halesowen vs Stourbridge Town aka The Number 9 Derby aka El Busico (yes really, check the hashtags on Twitter :joy:)

I went to the reverse fixture earlier in the season. Halesowen manager had a bin full of plastic beer cups pinged off his head Donkey Kong style when they were celebrating a goal. Ended 3-4 to Halesowen.

Ironing my Stoney.

6 Likes

I remember that one being just a yellow.

1 Like

Consistency in officiating being consistently inconsistent again.

Ah well, got a draw after playing with 10 men for 88 minutes including stoppages and Tommy Doyle scored a thunderbastard so overall happy.

4 Likes

Love Doyle man, wish we had the money to get him permanently after last season

1 Like

Not officially part of the Nunes deal but selling him to City for £50m and getting Doyle on loan with a £4.5m option is unreal business. He’s been fantastic in Lemina’s absence the last few games.

1 Like

Has nunes even played for City?

Yeah incredible business that, very jel