Get Lesta ‘Darling’

loads of funny stories in here about the process that went into making ‘Darling’

4 Likes

Awesome a true labour of love.

Such a class vid

Not to be defensive, but Cover Version was exactly this.

Anyway…GL video - It was very nice not having some of those wild build out run ups in this video. That was cool and noticed.

I’ve not seen anything from Vile in years.
Marcus has some really rad stuff and Bush, too.

…and yeah, this. It’s sick that they skate their own spots rather than it being that crew just skating spots in cities with heavier visibility.

You gotta respect a crew/guy who has put out FIVE full lengths off of his own back in what…ten years?
That’s gnarly. Full on scene glue there.

6 Likes

Ok yeah I can understand that cover version is a scene video too, and it’s a rad video and it showcases some amazing skaters…no diss at all here! Not trying to discount anything or to cause an argument.

What I like about this video is that it focuses on a handful of midlands towns and cities. The skaters haven’t traveled there to progress their skate ‘career’ or whatever. Nobody is getting paid, there’s no sponsors and there doesn’t even seem to be a shop involved. It’s just so sick and as you say worthy of respect :fist:

1 Like

Nothing wrong with moving to London to be able to skate more.

1 Like

As a viewer I love it, I want to see new and rarely seen spots skated in videos of this quality, but as a career move you can’t really argue with heading to London.

Nothing at all wrong with moving to London to skate. Different vibe though.

Yeah just a bit boring though really

I love seeing shop sponsored level skateboarders move to London and completely change their style within a few months, gives me jokes every time

8 Likes

Gotta change the accent as well for the full package.

3 Likes

Hahahhaa this is gold

We call that ‘Transformasnack’.

3 Likes

Name names.

3 Likes

90% of South London.

6 Likes

I promised myself that if I posted on forum 2.0 I’d avoid contributing to this sort of chat.
It’s hard.

2 Likes

Make a second account and slag some people off. C’mon, I need this.

1 Like

I’m a man of god now

4 Likes

4 Likes

Yeah I’m 80% less of a hater than I used to be don’t get me wrong, still true though ey :joy:

1 Like