Golf Thread

I’ve only played one full round and a couple of par 3 rounds so not hit all my clubs but these are what’s tracked so far from this arccos thing.

Is this from a range or as you actually play?

How do the high loft clubs work? You’re never really going to need to rip them. Does it not count chips around the green?

The course was so bone dry just now I was chipping with an 8 iron around the greens. Proper links style.

It’s a chip in the driver and it’s connected to my Apple Watch with GPS. Doesn’t work on the range.

It sees which club you got your first shot and then when you hit your second shot it knows where it went because if GPS.

The watch shows me how far to front middle back of green.

Once I’ve played a few rounds and hit every club a lot it will tell me which club to use based on averages and how far the pin is.

Very cool. It was free with my cobra irons.

does it take into account elevation as well, like 5 iron rather than 6 iron for example if the hole is uphill?

It has a chip in each club so know what you hit. It accounts for wind and elevation yes. I obviously won’t use every club suggests because of a shitty lie for example but it’s good to know my yardages

1 Like

Feel bad for Rory here.

Wow I don’t give a fuck about golf but the Saudi’s have done a number on the professional sport there. Last week or so has been impressively shady even by their low, low standards

2 Likes

I really need to meet you in real life haha.

1 Like

I’m really not interesting

If we met we’d be talking about France, food, weed or the resurgence of booty shorts

Under no circumstances would I get started on global politics in public :joy:

2 Likes

Nah just Villa and the Toon.

I think the only in-person conversation I’ve had with anyone about football in years was with @Bish at dadlands (and yes, it was about villa and toon)

2 Likes

Was out on the playing field earlier just practicing with a wedge, old couple with a dog asked me if I needed any more balls. The husband doesn’t play but walks on the golf course. Anyway gave them my address and when I got home there was a carrier bag full of them on the drive. Counted 20 pro Vs in there and a load of Srixon AD333s. Fucking yes!

3 Likes

You can keep your Chaddyshack, Happy Gilmore is the best golf movie. Fact.

*still on lots of meds disclaimer

2 Likes

I don’t need meds. Love me some Caddyshack :smile:

1 Like

Go through a bucket of the cheapest Sports Direct Slazengers before chunking them into the woods.

I’ve been through lots of sports direct slazengers (actually not that bad really), but I reckon these bad boys will easily get me an extra ten yards further into the trees :+1:

1 Like

I stand with the Fallen.

Edit: apologies for ABP.

Hit the best shot I ever hit yesterday, signature hole on the course, a well defended 160yd par 3 bunkers and water everywhere, downhill with a gale blowing across from the left side.

For some reason fancied it as soon as I stepped on the tee. Aimed way out left and absolutely middled a 7 iron. The ball hung in the air for an age curving in the breeze, landed just by the pin for a tap in birdie. Just incredible golf, incredible golfer.

Got a 9 on the next hole :+1:

5 Likes

Bahahaha @markg love the commentary.