Gone Skateboarding?

Used to skate there when I lived there. Just past Combermere barracks. Now I’m Carlisle if anyone is passing through? Our indoor park is moving soon so look out for that.

Went out ‘street skating’ (technically at least) today after a fairly grim second week in school. Was on a proper downer all morning but skating a patch of rough paving slabs with the Mrs and daughter for an hour made me forget about it for an hour or so. My trick bag has leaked so much that I can barely do anything these days but for an hour, it didn’t matter.

Back to school with fucking visors, masks, social distancing and a 99% chance of a full Leeds lockdown tomorrow.

stoked (not).

8 Likes

“Liking” the Mrs/daughter/forgetting aspect, not the visors/social distancing/potential lockdown!

1 Like

Had some amazing sessions during lockdown, the whole situation has been really good for bringing the local crew together at large outdoor carpark spots. Skated street more this summer than I have done for a very long time!

called my bluff there

free evenings/weekends if you are around

I will skate tonight if anyone wants to. Anywhere floodlit and within an hour or so from London.

Will drive if anyone needs help.

1 Like

Technical street skating you say? Hmmmn, I’m a big fan of that :wink:

Seriously though, I hope all goes well with school. My sister’s a teacher and has just gone back so I get where you’re coming from.

2 Likes

Thanks mate

up for this ladz

went today with a new santa cruz team deck - new grip makes all the difference up the local generation gap and for reverts - good times :slight_smile:

1 Like

Had a great 2 hour flatland session today and learned that fs powerslide shove it thing that someone does in H’min Bam. Going to try get a backside version next.

6 Likes

Been out the last two nights for a roll around at the local kerb and skate park. It’s was fun. Kept to our two people pods, while being able to be around with others in theirs. Looking forward to summer.

2 Likes

Got the missus a board and today was first decent day we could go out for a skate date.
She’s picked it up really quick and totally got the distribution of weight shit that usually takes ages down straight away. She says it may be due to her doing gymnastics (like she trained in Russia when she was 10 and stuff) and horse riding (dunno about that one).
So yeah, good skate day although I have lost all basic tricks and may as well just resign myself to a cruiser board.

1 Like

On March 29th sessions of six people will be allowed again. A group of us have already booked the date

6 Likes

Dawn patrol with the family to Horsforth’s new(ish) park today.
Met up with Jono Coote and some Leeds peeps.

Had fun, relearned a few tricks that I haven’t done in a long time (nothing special obvs).
Enjoyment was had.

5 Likes

Do you know James (aka Schoolboy/Schools back in ‘90’s Leeds)?

Managed to get out five times in the last week, three with my daughter. Exhausted now, maybe time to let my legs rest for a bit.

I know him well mate, yes.
Do we know each other?

Hawww school boy.

Love him.

1 Like