Gone Skateboarding?

I’ve walked past these curbs/ledges a million times near to the barracks in York and thought they’re a nice height. Then tonight it turns out someone’s converted them for skating in two places! Is this the work of anyone here?

6 Likes

Are those glued on or something??

Yeah! Some kind of mega sticky white…glue

1 Like

Grip fill.

We’ve built whole blocks using that stuff instead of cement.

Pricey block ! That’s quite a few tubes .

Actually set up a Christmas complete to skate tomorrow.

Keeping my old setup purely for kerbs because…

These trucks are 4 months old. The board is driftwood.
Kerbs fuck things up!

7 Likes

Went skating again tonight. Twice in one day because I tried this (shit) trick earlier and couldn’t do it so had to go back once the kids were in bed. Finally did it with my backpack on, last trick of the night, and even though it’s crap I feel good. I’ll do it longer next time ha.

13 Likes

That’s sick! I had a friend who used to do those on flat bars with a frontside 180 out. Always thought it looked rad.

Went out earlier just for a chilled hour. Nothing to report but took some skin off my ankle which sucks.

Back out at the weekend, gonna be hot I believe!

Maybe once I get them down on curbs I’ll try and step up to a flat bar. Gotta have a dream but I’m 46 in a couple of weeks so I don’t wanna dream too big haha.

1 Like

Definitely not crap!

That trick on a kerb is dope enough. Muska-pack n’all.

3 Likes

Thanks maybe it just feels crap because it seemed so easy in my head but took me so fucking long to figure out!

1 Like

The shop branded stuff holds together pretty well if you clear away all the dust and do your prep. There was a spot in Derby a few years back with about 4 of these all glued with the stuff.

2 Likes

I got down to the axle on a new set of indys in 9 days from kerb skating every day. Felt like a total badman and its my crowning achievement in doing skateboards.

14 Likes

That half cab feeble was dope! Never done that, gotta give it a go.

that was a lovely crooked grind

1 Like

Me? Ha

9 Likes

Nigel Davies…but yep, you too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like the nollie version but that’s too hard.