Gone Skateboarding?

Never went to that incarnation of the wooden one, but the concrete filled-in pool is rad.

It does look very special.

Both of them featured a lot in the first couple of series of a kids’ BBC TV art show, Art Ninja, as the presenter Ricky is a good skater in his own right and is good friends with the owners.

Is that in Stroud? Feel like I’ve skated that ramp whilst down that way.

Thornbury I guess is my local (I live in Chepstow). It has a nice hip, flatbanks and a nice manual pad but horrible unskateable BMX midi/spine.

This Winterbourne place is only 20 mins away and looks like fun actually

L08zbS8tME0zWnJTbS95NnNta2o3bS9ta2o3bXNtOFo3U3N1Sk03Uy1zOE1Kci1qMy9DTUo3U24wanVuSlNzYThaN1NrWm44L0NNSjdTbjBqdW5KU3NhOFo3U2tabjh0NnRka3I

Cheers mate!

1 Like

Fuck yeah I’m getting one. :+1:

1 Like

No but I think you mean this one which is in a place called Nailsworth:

Looks perfect for me but it’s 45 mins away so not a midweek one.

That ramp I posted is in a little place called Sedbury.

1 Like

How heavy is the box?

Fairly local to me in Stafford and the boxes, ramps etc all look decent.

That park looks so fun, the mini ramp looks perfect.

1 Like

heavy as fuck. the metalwork is brushed steel or whatever it’s called so it doesn’t rust. grinds really good. the wood is thick and there’s cross beams for support. i added little rubber feet to mine and it doesn’t move at all. i can smash noseslides into it and it stays put completely. but yes, weighs a fair amount to move around

1 Like

Nailsworth. That’s the one. Looks quite similar.

Popped into Weobley, Herefordshire on my way back to Cov from Bristol (nice scenic drive) this morning. It did not disappoint. Remember someone comparing it to an Oregon style park that had been micro sized. Think it’s around 30 mins from the also decent Hereford park

13 Likes

Just went to that mini. Right next to it were 3 erm… characters…who I’m guessing had never left the village. Yeah I’m judging. Tops off. As hench as Biebel wishes he was. Like This Country characters but not nice.

I thought I’d try skating it anyway but before I even put my board down I had all the ‘what can tricks can you do bro’ and ‘give us a go on your board bro’ etc.

They all jumped on the ramp around me and asking for a go and shit. I just left because I’m a wuss but it wasn’t going to be a fun time in that situation. I had a roll on it and felt great too.

Yeah I’m a wuss but I’d rather walk away with my board phone and wallet.

The worst thing is is I’m pretty sure they just live in that park and even if they’re not there I think the noise of me skating it will be a big klaxon for the seriously bored.

4 Likes

Well that sounds a bit shit.

Been mugged, attempted muggings, assaulted etc during my teens skating. Glad you got out of there - I’d have fucked off and not even stepped to the ramp!

1 Like

I was soooo close to being battered by local gypsy lads at harold hill skatepark once. We got run out of there in the end. No actual violence. Was grim but could have been much worse

2 Likes

It’s not like I was in any danger or anything. Just typical pikey shit but I was on my own so that added to the sketch.

I could see (and smell) them a long way out before I got to the ramp to so I was umming and aahing about going for it.

I knew what they were going to be like but tried it anyway. After the 5th time of telling the guy no about using my board after being there for 2 minutes I knew things weren’t going to get better.

2 Likes

This has really upset my training schedule for Paris.

11 Likes

should have built your own.

I’d actually love it if they introduced a miniramp medal. Might force Bam into a gym or get Barker Barrett out of retirement.

2 Likes

Harold Hill is Skipp’s local, some gnarly shit goes down there so running off at the slightest whiff of trouble always a good thing

It is definitely gnarly, those gypsies moved on apparently. We didn’t run straight away but got basically told to leave or fight, fuck that