Gone Skateboarding?

Nice views. Finally got the ramp free of feral kids and adults.

Fuck me I’ve got the fear so hard. Such a fast, grippy ramp. Couldn’t do anything and the sun was blinding.

9 Likes

Second car park sesh this week. Way more stoked on this ugly little bugger than I’ve any right to be.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSfeL79nCTj/?utm_medium=copy_link

9 Likes

nice! i wanna skate that thingy!

1 Like

If my recent trip to the local car park is anything to go by “practising for the next Olympics are you?” is definitely the new “go on Tony Hawks Pro Skater!”

7 Likes

i’ve been using “i’m training for the Olympics” as an excuse not to get kicked out for a while now (it doesn’t work but still)

3 Likes

Is that down Little London Road?

Yeah. It’s that curb spot everyone skates opposite that ropey pub ‘The Hardy Pick’.

Cool. I’ll have to come down for a play.:slightly_smiling_face:
Nothing better than a noisy ledge lol

1 Like

Yeah come down mate. There’s nearly always someone about on an evening or weekend if the weather is kind.

And yeah I think some noise reduction on that metal thing is in order for the neighbours’ sakes.

I can’t believe that metal thing is still around. It was originally at the sheafside diy 10 years ago, so someone must have had it stashed until it’s carpark renaissance.

1 Like

Got out for a skate today. 15 min cycle to the local, then thought I’d hit up the park they’re building for Simple Session next weekend. And then I thought I’d stop at all the parks on the way. Thats 5 parks in total (2 not opened yet) within a 10 min. cycle from my house. Absolutely stoked. Even filmed a couple tricks for crew WhatsApp group. Had a shitty day today so it’s sorted me right out.

16 Likes

Radness!

5 parks within 10 minutes from your place? Holy shit. Well jealous.

I learnt two new tricks a couple days ago but landed one of them sketchily, so this morning I went back to the park super early and filmed a clean one.
Later today this kid from the village where I live came to mine with that steel edge we needed for a grind box I built for our local park. Screwed it on the box and we’re gonna test said grind box tomorrow or on Monday, as soon as I can take it down there.

21 Likes

That is lushhhh

1 Like

Those chickens are sick franc.
The one with the black marks makes me want to commission a set of African chickens :chicken:. Zebra stripes, cheetah spots etc. just no tigers. There are no tigers in Africa.

1 Like

Thanks! Now I just hope the steel edge is gonna grind and slide well. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

It’s steel. It’ll be fine man. Bit of wax and you’ll be flying. I really really want to skate that

1 Like

Thanks mate! Loved painting them. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I wish the steel edge was smaller (as I wanted it to be) so it wouldn’t crop the painting but hey, it’s a grind box, no biggie.

Ah man, that’s a good idea, I’ll try to draw that sometime soon!

2 Likes

I’ll let you know how it is! :facepunch:

1 Like

Illustration is so sick!!