Gone Skateboarding?

Went for a skate tonight, tested out how well the spray lacquer works and the results were great. Rub brick, spray lacquer and then wax and it goes straight away. The stuff I used was rustoleum spray lacquer, chalky finish. Gloss finish probably better if you can get it but the more matt finish still worked.

6 Likes

Yeah Rustoleum is good. There’s one available in Lidl that’s good too, can’t remember what it’s called but it’s a lacquer too and quite similar. I have a couple of cans in the van but can’t be arsed to go outside and check ha.

I’ve skated about two or three times a week through the Winter and maybe even more since the weather got better…even with all the indoor parks shut. Quite proud of myself.

6 Likes

Actually going skateboarding on Thursday with a friend I’ve not seen for a bit. Anyway when I’ve been out running there’s a section of promenade that they’ve just resurfaced with lovely smooth tarmac. There’s a foot high ledge next to it too but it’s properly rough. When we’re talking about rub bricks is this the sort of thing I want?

1 Like

Yeah one of them and some lacquer and wax and you can make anything grind.

4 Likes

Nice one, I just hope I can still do a foot high ollie.

You’ll be way too knackered to skate after using one of those bastards for any length of time!

2 Likes

Went here today :+1:

3 Likes

Kinda looks like that famous park in Oxford that Penny used to go to. Is it that one? I’ve been there but I don’t remember some of those features

1 Like

it is in Oxford. Not bad. cant quite see the little bank by the ledge which is fun.

Goffs local going by his Insta account.

that’s crazy so i went to that park about 15 years ago or so. in my mind it looked really different in the middle. i remember just going around the corner hips over and over and over again

1 Like

You local? That’s ten minutes from me!

2 Likes

No not quite, it was just a good compromise to meet up with a mate there. The ledges are higher than I remember.

1 Like

Fun little park that. Lots of lines

1 Like

Yeah it’s really mellow, going to try Thame next I think.

Yeah a good park to do laps round and mess about . You’ve been to the other one in Farringdon? The hip/pyramid is fucking sooo fun .

2 Likes

Anyone fancy a Farringdon session soon? Not been in ages.

Scooter infested.

Had lunctime skate today. First time in ages were I’ve actually been trying to do anything involving trying to pop the board. Jesus Fucking Christ it’s hard. I felt like someone taking their first steps after five years in a coma or something. Loved every minute, managed some pop shuvs and to ollie up into a few mannies across a kerb high block and felt triumphant.

18 Likes

It’s horrific.

Looks like I might actually be out skating ‘proper’ street in public tomorrow. Shitting myself, got the fear.

3 Likes

Have fun!

I don’t normally like to film myself skating because I prefer to remember it how it looked inside my head but here we go, this was about as good as it got yesterday. Me in the green shoes.

15 Likes