Gone Skateboarding?

The “not enough people” looks like daily spot :joy: perfect for loners

4 Likes

Had a quick hour of car park flat ground this morning. It was excellent.

10 Likes

Couple of hours out, new board, Got a couple of old tricks back and tried learning 50-50’s on my round rail. None landed but finally beat the fear of jumping on so it can’t be a million miles off now…

Managed to get out five times since last Sunday so really happy with that. I am absolutely KNACKERED though :crazy_face:

11 Likes

Couple of hours until it went dark tonight.

Fun? Yes, but bloody hell each year that passes makes basic tricks harder and harder. Really struggling with higher Ollies, technique/timing really off and not sure how I’m going to fix them.

Ditched the Kalis vulcs I’ve moaned about for some Vans Ave’s and started to get a feel for them. Been a short while since I last skated a cupsole - probably Lakai Guy Mariano’s which I really liked.

TLDR? I went skateboarding tonight and it was fun,

4 Likes

Im going to Saffron Walden Saturday after next for an early morning dad sesh if anyone is about?

2 Likes

Went to my local DIY this morning for what was expected to be a mellow Sunday morning session. The Clown guys randomly appeared ( Josh Cox, Simon Skipp,Jake Martinelli and Darby Gough ) who were super friendlly and were killing it even after a heavy night by the sound of it, and Darby wreckingi himself on the rainbow rail in the first ten minutes.

I managed to do a trick on the flatbank I’d not made before tben went to Fender skatepark got a random 3 trick line. Then went back to diy for a few beers and a mellow one in the sun.Fun session good vibes fully stoked.

11 Likes

Had a quick hour of car park flat ground this evening. It was like I’d never laid eyes on a skateboard before.

6 Likes

I like those Kalis but haven’t actually skated in them yet, Cabs are at shoegoo stage though

2 Likes

Just off out now, hopefully the factory where I skate at is closed. They were still working at 9:30 last night :-1:

2 Likes

I found them fine initially but I think my toes are too slender for them.

Just had a little static kerb ‘sesh’ out front of my house - which was nice.

This bit could go in the stoked thread, but here’ll do…
My Son, who has shown no interest in skating in his 13 years on earth, decided he wanted to have a go last week and hasn’t left it alone since.

17 Likes

That’s ace. My lad fell off onto his elbow and screamed ‘look what you did to me!!!’ at full volume and hasn’t touched his set up since :rofl:

5 Likes

Ha!.. Daaad!!!

I don’t want to jinx it, but he’s fallen off of and abandoned everything else I’ve tried to get him to roll about on… scooter / bike / heelys …and he took a good spill (onto his elbow) last night, but I think we’re all still good. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

My 5 year old daughter showed a little interest for the first time last weekend. But only because her friend was playing on a shonky toy board on grass and she was jealous.

Put an old set up together for her yesterday and shes not bothered again. :pensive:

3 Likes

My 8 year old daughter is old enough to that she sees skateboarding as something cool and she enjoyed setting up a board and stuff but just finding it hard to take the first steps in getting rolling. She just isn’t over the fear of falling. She was like this with her bike as well, though. It’s weird because when she does fall off that she’s usually right back on it. I’ve tried telling her that falling off a board is usually nowhere near as bad as falling off a bike and but I think she just needs to find that out for herself. Not sure there’s anything I can do apart from help her have another go if she ever asks really.

3 Likes

went for a skate the other day and some “council enforcement officers” tried to kick us out of the plaza spot by enforcing some public space protection order despite those orders being active for 3 years and having no issue, and me skating said spot for 9 years with again little to no issue. said they’d had complaints which is odd given the police have said the businesses don’t mind us being there and there’s no issue with us skating it. went back and forth a bit and the bloke got a bit grumpy about it and left.

same spot today 2 police fellas who do the rounds in the area came up to us asking about some crackheads in the area, ended up bringing the thing with the council fellas up and they basically said if they try to kick us out again to call the local station and ask for those 2 guys to come down.

2022 year of calling the police to not get kicked out of skatespots?

17 Likes

Please make that happen (and film it)

4 Likes

They are private companies.

Some Michael Fabricant tried to fine my £80 for putting a cig in a drain in Paignton.

I just stood there saying call the Police or I’m leaving. Was bants.

At my local kerb spot which is a doctor’s car park I was told not to skate there by a doctor as we might sue them if we got injured lol

1 Like

Always ask to see the Support Officers Designation Card, they can’t do shit without one. They can’t do that much with one too.