Gone Skateboarding?

Newish curb spot that may drag me out of the house to skate more than once every 6 months

11 Likes

Plenty of space for sausage rolls and wine

2 Likes

Skateboarding done right

Daily skate in the 25 degrees today. Whoever said skating wasn’t exercise must be doing it wrong because that was some hard work

Yer I emptied a 40ft container with like 1400 boxes on today to help the warehouse guys.

I’m fucked.

Step at a time mate. Next time we’ll see if you can get out of the car

6 Likes

On my way back from a session right now.

3 Likes

Actual fomo for this. To skate somewhere and be the youngest in the park for the first time in decades! Ha gonna be such a rad vibe for sure!

Why I love the bowl at Selfridges:

• it’s free
  • it’s fast
  • it’s air conditioned
  • it’s staffed by really nice people who get paid a wage to skate with whoever turns up to open sessions and to teach beginners in lessons
  • it’s open 7 days a week in all weathers
  • the owners committed to paying their skaters during lockdown
  • it’s regularly resurfaced
  • it’s got a plexiglass vert extension
  • the company is donating expensive London retail space they could be using to sell things in

1 Like

Skated street tonight for the first time in ages! Took the rub brick to two bits and made them both skateable, pretty buzzing just had a slice of cheese on toast to celebrate

7 Likes

I assumed this had gone a long time ago!

1 Like

I thought it was done for when lockdown hit, but they kept it and kept all the staff on.
It’s a really nice atmosphere. The sessions are small - you might be on your own with one or two staff members skating with you (and they’re good, as you can imagine given they’re paid just to skate 5 days a week) or there might be 3 or 4 other skaters there. Might be an 8-year-old learning, watched by his dad, or a couple of middle-aged blokes getting back into it, or a group of twentysomething rippers. It means you learn new stuff - the staff there taught me to ride the bowl switch, which was a challenge. It also means that you get some seriously good exercise - essentially you’re taking run after run for an hour solid.

1 Like

had a nice little roll around Washy yesterday, despite the floor looking like it’d been shot and having little craters everywhere I was surprised at how smooth the entire place still is considering it’s been there a good 10+ years now I think?

9 Likes

Had a few days off work for my birthday but, cost of living and all that, had a skate “staycation” instead of going somewhere exciting. Finally got the chance to skate the new(ish) Horsforth park and ignored the vast bowl complex in favour of a DIY sausage.

8 Likes

Managed to get some basics yesterday morning. Have to remind myself I’m no longer a spring chicken when watching it back… :smile:

8 Likes

unavailable

1 Like

My account was private, never mind haha. Keep telling myself I’m nearly 45 so a bit of stink is to be expected haha

3 Likes

Went skating before the crazy heat this morning, improvised a O’Connor/Rattray/Penny tribute thingy. Good fun.

10 Likes

14 Likes