Guitars n stuff

Fungus the bogeyman green

2 Likes

aye and some cross thing on the headstock, it sounds terrible at the moment, I need to set it up but have shamefully always taken to a shop. Bought some feeler gauges recently but I think I need to adjust the truss rod and havent got the right tool.
Assuming you guys do your own set ups?

Electron (not very exciting)

Yeah I find it really enjoyable.

Yes, did all mine.
Setting up floating trems was great fun.
YouTube is your friend.
I found some Italian guy with the best method for that.
Not sure if they are how real players would like them but they all work and are buzz free without being too high.
Not got a fret board ruler though, yet.
Shall invest in one at some stage and come next string change, will check the necks.
I do have a credit card ruler to measure string height.

2 Likes

I got a nice wetstone block and the best way is to sharpie on every fret and keep sanding the length until all the sharpie is gone = perfectly level frets. After making sure neck is straight first though obv.

1 Like

That flying V I was talking about had a flloyd rose and a locking nut, it was the biggest pain in the ass to setup

2 Likes

Fuck Floyd rose, I bet I still can’t string up a guitar with one on. I tried once on a friends and I nearly threw it out of the window.

1 Like

Genuinely it aged me prematurely. The most fiddly and frustrating thing ever

1 Like

The guitar that I’d love to try is the Fender Acoustasonic.
Looks very sexy.

1 Like

Local has one on sale, I’m not into the look but the colour is perfect for the bedroom so it would become the house guitar and my fingers are too prissy for acoustics usually so this is the perfect option, I have just not been able to justify the price as of yet so may never pull the trigger on one. But yeah, had my eye on these since they were announced.

Just had the feeling that I wanted to learn Wish You Were Here and did, kind of.
Tried to record myself doing it on video but kept messing up under the pressure.

1 Like

AhhhhhhhhhhHHhhhhaaaaa wish you wereee heeereeeeeee

Should we do a bi-weekly learn a song suggestion thing? Don’t have to post it or anything just recommendations

Posting must depend on ones confidence to play it and the fuck ups not being picked at.
I could post my terrible recording of the intro although I did play the whole thing through a few times along with the track.
Guess that’s the difference in getting it right, being guided by the track.

Nah I’m just going for suggestions, don’t need to post it. I’m happy for wish you were here to be the first one too, never learnt that. Think the only incubus song I play regularly is mexico

Fill yer boots…

Rofl wrong wish you were here. Shame on me. SHAME

1 Like

For shits and giggles.

Chopped off before I made the biggest goof, not that this is goof free.
Can do the rest but I liked learning this bit.

1 Like