Hacking/fraud/stolen thread

Had an SMS through with authorisation code and an abandoned cart email from some random US site, looks like someone has tried to order something fraudulently using a card of mine.

Because no I don’t want a fucking $1500 roof rack for a Toyota Camry delivered to buttfuck, Canada.

As the auth code SMS is needed to complete payment I’m not too fussed and money can’t be taken out.

Going to report this to the relevant police dept in Canada on Monday, but just wondering if anyone else has had this?

Nah but I repeatedly get texts telling me that I have paid my O2 bill despite not being with O2.

The other current one is weird cold calls from Edinburgh that leave messages in Cantonese

Forward them O2 ones on to 7726 if you can. Quicker they get reported quicker O2 will deal with them :+1:.

Not had fraud to this level, but did have my details used to buy a phone from CPW and start a business contract on O2, that was a fun few fucking weeks

1 Like

Might be Kerr?

7 Likes

Lol.
Highly unlikely unless he’s turned into a Chinese woman.

I once got my credit card blocked because some geezer somewhere in rural England tried to use it for online gambling. I tried to use it, it didn’t work, I called my bank, confirmed I wasn’t gambling on a British website or anything then got a new card 3 or 4 days later. Glad my bank stopped it all before anything happened. This twat was trying to scam me for something ridiculous like 20 quid I think. What a cretin.

@hugo, do you know who that was?

Guilty :joy:

1 Like

I met a lot of punks in Indonesia that make their living and buy all their musical equipment using cc fraud. They also donate to local services in the community and have a lot of d.i.y stuff going on. Crazy shit, lovely people too.

1 Like

Went through a phase of getting tons of authorisation texts for my Google account. As if someone was trying to change my password. Eventually reported it to Google and they stopped over night.

Also had my car cloned last year. Found out when i got a parking ticket for London. Reported it to the police and they said they’d deal with it and I probably wouldn’t hear anything else. Few months later the police knocked at my door because “my car” had been used in a robbery somewhere. Explained the situation and haven’t heard anything since. Apparently the car is the exact same spec as mine which is impressive as there aren’t many about.

Had a text Message about a parcel at a collection point in Cardiff ( I live in watford)!. Potential scam to click the link so I’ll post it here in case someone has a similar text.

It was a short code number 63582 (unknown when googled)

Motunrayo, Your package is still pending at your local store in Cardiff. Please pick it up today x79.link/ f1QGb

1 Like

Just got a text from “Lloyd’s bank” telling me my account has been linked. Never had an account with them.

Yeah, and it’d be ‘Keith’s Bank’ if it was for you.

Sometimes they just don’t even try.

2 Likes

If anyone on here uses a ledger wallet, then be careful. I’ve been getting lots of phishing emails and texts after they had a data breach.
Not your usual shitty phishing emails either, some them look really legit.

Just had a scam call from ‭0800 141 6153‬

Saying they are the dept for work and pension saying my national insurance number is being suspended for fraud .

Automated voice first . I hung up straight away
Cunts

I had that, kind of. A robot from HMRC saying a warrant had been issued for my arrest immediately. Press ‘1’ to continue. Fuck off.

Press ‘1’ to hand yourself in, press ‘2’ to go on the run.

1 Like

I rang them cunts up by mistake, got a missed call from a London number, at the time I was waiting for a redundancy call (all good now) and a follow up call from a phone interview with a potential job.

So I ring them up an get through to “HMRC” and they ask for my name and “ah yes I can see your call logged here blah blah blah, yes you owe over 3 grand in back taxes from 2015, failure to comply with with us will result in a high court sherrif and police blah blah”. I’m googling the number as he speaks.

So I ask him to confirm my national insurance number address etc and suddenly he starts spouting about data protection laws. And then begins to ask me for my details.

I laugh and ask how his mother would feel about him stealing for a living.

“I work for the HMRC this is a genuine call.”

“If it’s a genuine call then the police will know where to find me. One last question before I hang up are you in a call center?”

“…Yes”

"Are you wearing a headset with a cable?

“…er, yes”

“Do me a favour, rap it round your neck and fucking kill yourself you cunt.”

Hangs up

I was livid. Not so much at the attempted scam but that there’s poor buggers out there who will and have fallen for it.

6 Likes

For anyone that doesn’t know and gets annoying cold calls all the time, you can add your number to a register that makes it a fineable offence for them to call you. I did it a while ago and the amount of calls dropped off. When I do still get them I smugly advise them to update their TPS register database as they could get in real trouble for calling

5 Likes

020 3866 6950

This number blagging they are HMRC.

Scammers trying your Netflix account

Got this on Wednesday