Hacking/fraud/stolen thread

Phishing scam going around on insta :confused:

3 Likes

How fucked is this: wouldn’t normally answer but a call came through like the below, looked it up after and it is, apparently, a legit number for North Kent police. A woman with proper English accent said she was part of the cybercrime unit. So I asked if I could have a number to ring her back on and she hung up. I’m assuming it’s a scam as it didn’t quite sound right. But spoofing a legit police phone number is wild

It’s not like I have the number already saved in my contacts, it automatically looked it up

Yeah the phone system is ancient and ridiculously easy to abuse.

I had an odd one this week from EE asking me for details they should have. It had their logo pop up on the call. Didn’t give them nowt.