Hacking/fraud/stolen thread

I keep getting the you were involved in an accident one. Kept trying to get them to specify which accident I had (I apparently have a lot of accidents) then furnish him with really odd details about the after care, like the medicine I have to poke up my bum with a wooden spoon and how my wife thinks Im less of a man because of it.

Having your masculinity affirmed by a guy half way round the world is a real boost in these trying times. Then I tell him Ive got to go and hang up on them

6 Likes

Haha fuck I used to get them loads , they always hang up after I told them the reason for the crash was me getting sucked off by their dad.
Instant hang up

4 Likes

This is a good laugh. Bit over my head but an entertaining channel:

1 Like

My friend’s work has some dialling machine that calls 5 numbers at once then automatically puts him through to anyone who answers, so I’d imagine if you and someone else were two of five that answered it might just hang up as you answer.

Register your number on this, it definitely reduced the number of calls I got

2 Likes

I just discovered this guy, he goes all in fucking with these people, playing multiple characters using fake voices etc. I watched this whole thing yesterday, it’s incredible. Highlights of a 10 hour phone call where the scammer ends up screaming, crying and threatening to murder the guy’s entire family

2 Likes

YES this guy is my inspiration. Man his patience is astounding but fucking love what he does .

And Jim Browning is the master of this work. Shit he does is next level. He’s now got people in India with drones to find the buildings .
Brilliant stuff

This is so good!

Accident one I just tell them I’m still in the accident.

That usually throws them off pretty quick!

1 Like

yeah did this a few months ago when you posted it before (i think?) and its definitely helped so cheers !

1 Like

New census scam text , from a 07 mobile number…

There is invalid information on your submitted Census form. To avoid a fine you are required to review and resubmit a new form via: census-renew.com

2 Likes

6 Likes

Gonna need to work a bit harder than last night.

Just got this text from +44 7956 847183. Scamming bastards.

CENSUS: There is missing information from your Census application. Failure to update your details may result in a £1000 penalty, visit: https://census.ons-govuk.com

Ah they’ve changed the website link now . Scum bags

1 Like

So many of these about at the moment. Not sure if it helps at all, but I always report them by forwarding to 7726

1 Like

Done :+1:

1 Like

One of my ‘uni’ ‘mates’ was freaking out on the group message because she got a call claiming to be HMRC, wanting a grand and telling her she’d be in court if she didn’t pay it.

Everybody’s telling her it’s bollocks, but one girl mentioned that her flatmate had fallen for it and lost £1,500. Supposedly the bank helped get ‘most of it’ back.

So no wonder these things exist, and it’s not just old people falling for it. Thick brian cants.

1 Like

A colleague of mine got scammed on a text that looked like a dpd customs charge, realised he’d been scammed moments after handing over his details.

The best part is that we’d just finished an “anti-fraud/spam” video for one of our clients that he wrote and directed!

4 Likes

We had one go round the agency I worked for. The office manager’s email got hacked and mailed everyone she’s messaged saying we just need some additional details further to the previous email theyd sent, click the attachment.

The number of people who clicked it was worrying. No wonder phishers scammers keep doing it

1 Like

I get a text most months saying if I didn’t make a purchase on my card in the last 20mins to click the link provided straight away, always from a fake HSBC number, whom I also don’t bank with anyway, haha.