If you had a private park...

Yeah man. As soon as lockdown eases up!

Can we have a burrito place in it?

3 Likes

Username checks out.

ABD, looked shit.

2 Likes

If you need any timber there may be a skip load of 3x2 and other bits that my industry loves to throw away once used for a 5 minute scene .
It’s what I’ve made loads of ramps and ledges out of for mates and the pioneer’s mini ramp refurbishment

1 Like

that’s called “a wife”. you leave the kids with them and go skate, then you have to buy them pretty things to make up for it

(disclaimer - my wife wears the trousers but she fully is fine with me going skating. i don’t have to bribe)

2 Likes

From the pointless topics thread:

‘’Its a bowling alley bar restaurant theatre? That looks like the best local ever! ‘’

And,

‘’Can we have a burrito place in it?’’

About 20 years ago I had plans to open a burrito, coffee shop, launderette, mini ramp, pool and retro arcade games spot. Found a couple of potential venues and everything. Then got an offer to do something entirely different and tbh a lot less risky and easy, so went with that instead.

2 Likes

Haha yeah if only that was the case .i haven’t seen some of my mates since they had kids and I know if they could bring them to a crèche , leave the wife at home they’d be skating so much lol

where at?!

The rest sounded good but not sure I ever take dirty pants to the pub or skatepark for a wash. Unless it’s for when you shart the ones you’re wearing maybe after the dodgy burrito and some pints?

2 Likes

nahhh i think that’s the natural attrition of skateboarding. the skate gods smile down on those who overcome the adversity of growing old to keep rolling on their wheely board

Yeah I’m offering them a chance to skate partner grief free lol . Come to my park , drop the kids at the crèche and shred .

1 Like

Throw in a nice shabby chic coffee bar full of upcycled furniture for the wives and you’re got a nice day for the whole family.

Definitely taking some of these for my final draft.

Exactly, the easier it is for people to get out and skate the better

The launderette might seem weird but the idea came from my time in Santa Cruz where they have bowling alley / launderette combos. Where I was living at the time was pretty student and renter heavy and they needed somewhere to wash their clothes. Rather my Northern Cali inspired place than the grim, nicotine stained alternative. Well, that was the thinking anyway.

Should just open a skatepark in a Westfield centre looking at all the comments .

3 Likes

the one in shepherds bush had a vans store with a quarter pipe outside. if you actually threw down and tried to skate it they got well arsey. fake ass bitches

I got kicked out of the Vans skatepark in the mall in Orange Co for refusing to wear a helmet whilst filming.

6 Likes

Sounds like a lot of you have never been to Spit And Sawdust.

3 Likes