Illegal Tricks

Manual rolls where someone does (for example) nosewheelie to nosewheelie via shuv it without popping. Just no.Even with the pop, just stop it.

Anything that @anyskate does. I mean he’s clearly got amazing skills but they are all combos that have no aesthetic value. It’s like the most undignified skateboarding ever.

1 Like

Yer saw one in a part on thrasher this morning, I guess technically Nollie 3 Shuv.

Bs Crook 3 shuv out can do one as well.

1 Like

Those manual combos where they turn in the middle - like nose wheelie pivot to fakie manual/switch nose wheelie. It always looks like all 4 wheels touch when turning into the second manual. Never understood why no one tells the skater it doesn’t look right.

1 Like

Get ya but I doubt his aim is nothing like most peoples. People get what they want from skateboarding and I think it’s admirable that he’s getting what he needs and not just following the generic paths.

I’d agree with this - twirling it by a wheel too.

Yes, absolutely this. Because if you froze the video of that guess what, 4 wheels down ain’t a manual roll

2 Likes

BMX jumpbox kick and hope flip tricks

1 Like

Smiths with no rail down

1 Like

Fakie frontside 5050 fakie frontside bigspin out. 50% fat kid tech 50% mosher tech. Fuck.

STINKING.

Those are terrible indeed.
Manual to fakie manual à la Dill at the Pier is rad though!
Nosewheelie pivot to fakie nosewheelie can be cool too if done well.

2 Likes

Can’t think of an example of a BS boardslide shove ever being done well. Reminds me too much of jazzy insta edits these days

FS is ok obviously

1 Like

Posting this one for the second time in this thread

22 seconds

Yes Les. I thought about it straight away too.

Gonzarelli had a mental one on a gnarly rail in Video Days. I’ll post it later, am on my phone now.

Not convinced.

I think because most people do the shove fs out, which basically means a shitty 90 degree spin. Maybe if they did bs shove out, so the board spins a 270, it might seem more accomplished

I’ve done one of them up an angled rail on the flat. Stinking.

Carroll did one of these in Fully Flared.

1 Like

Gonz at 2:49. Can say it’s sketchy but I’ve always loved how it seems to just float into place like magic

Edit: just seen francs comment, this must be the one you’re on about too! Was first that came to mind for me. So good

See also 2:46 for Cyrus bennet doing a dope lipslide shuv. Few tricks on from that he does a boardslide front shuv (biggie?) out mid rail too which is dope.

Yeah mate, that’s the one!

i don’t really see how that rattray one is ‘good’ compared to any other example

It’s pretty good. 4 wheels down. What can you say. They are pretty rare.

A front board shove is one of the most elegant tricks of all. Don’t see enough of them anymore.