In the news thread

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 15.03.05

I do find it hilarious that people are getting more upset about what Morrissey says (he had nothing to do with the shootings himself remember) than actual paedo pop stars marrying underage girls like Aaliyah at 14. Haha.

Coronavirus Death Toll In UK Increases By 786 In 24 Hours | HuffPost UK News?

Coronavirus Death Toll In UK Increases By 854 In 24 Hours

When the fuck did I say this? Or anything that resembles this as an answer? Haha. You wouldnā€™t catch me putting a Meat is Murder album cover on a board, haha.

I basically draw the line at listening to Gary Glitter although I wonā€™t intentionally seek to listen to music from MJ or Morrissey after recent accusations to MJ and beliefs of Morrissey.

Both of whose music I like.

Musicians are different to movies that had sketchy people involved.

Weinstein produced films with his brother whoā€™s not wrongun and thereā€™s hundreds of people involved in movies.

Not sure if Weinstein was involved in True Romance but its one of my favourites.

Didnā€™t Bowie marry or have a relationship with a 16yr old?

1 Like

Oh I see the confusion. Because it was Muslims murdered? I was taking it, that he wouldnā€™t of cared if it was black, white, Christians or Muslims killed, heā€™d always put animals first (no pun). See I was talking about all shootings being equally bad but to him killing animals is worse as they canā€™t speak or defend themselves. Two separate issues. Anyone that is a member of Britain First is a knob on the highest order.

1 Like

Relevant to todayā€™s discussion in here.

2 Likes

My two cents: I used to fucking love Morrissey. So, so much. Canā€™t listen to him at all now. Pre-Covid I turned down free tickets to a Moz gig to go write a review. Not because Iā€™d write a bad review but I genuinely had no interest in seeing him after the press assisted suicide heā€™s been committing over the last few years. As I think Jagger said, I think thereā€™s a sense of betrayal that comes with his whack views that makes it harder to still enjoy the music.

Really fucking annoys when people who are still into him use ā€œOh heā€™s always put controversial views acrossā€ as an excuse for still liking him.

4 Likes

I can count myself lucky then that I never liked his singing.
Thereā€™s no dilemma.
Hated his singing and it turns out heā€™s a bit of a cunt.
I could probably listen to The Smiths if it hadnā€™t been for his voice.

I can happily listen to the Smiths because none of the lyrics are controversial in the way he is now, Also, iā€™m not a lyric kinda guy so his voice in particular might as well be an instrument. I really like his winey negative tone against Marrā€™s jolly jangly guitars, itā€™s perfect. Morrisey himself is a full blown arsehole and I have no interest in hearing any later material of his. Last album I liked was Vauxhall and I and thatā€™s donkeys yeards old.
MJ is a weird one, like R kelly, there are big clues in the lyrics now in hindsight but MJ a small part of his career he produced gold. Actually, he didnā€™t, He was enabled to make gold by Quincy and writers like Jeff Porcaro, so I can still appreciate some of his work.

1 Like

99% (thereā€™s no h in wack)

3 Likes

Unless youā€™re a mole

I feel bad for the rest of The Smiths. I was always more into Johnny Marrā€™s guitar than Morrissey anyway, but it must be gutting to have that association for them. I still like the music, Iā€™ll listen to it on the radio but I feel a bit dirty putting it in myself.

Fortunately I never liked Lostprophets anyway.

Agree, he was a very troubled and twisted dude due to his upbringing, it would be a surprise if he turned out normal. Also the fact that people he saw as ā€œin chargeā€ were letting him play out his fantasies because he was the biggest cash cow ever.

This story is actually making me pretty angry, the protection theyā€™ve been given has been woeful.

1 Like

Eric Gill used to have sex with his whole family, including the dog. Still use the font sometimes.

9 Likes