In the news thread

Read back what I said, never said if he was guilty or not just had some very sketchy allegations made against him. Whether the sexual assault happened or not the whole situation with Mia Farrows adopted daughter whilst may not be illegal in the eyes of the law is at the very least predatory and sleezy.

My initial point was more along the lines that I’ve always been a big fan of Larry David and was surprised for him to come out say something like that when there are such rumours floating around. To say Woody Allens own written book left him feeling as though he did nothing wrong just feels very ignorant and stupid, even if he thought that to come out and say it in a global publication rubbed me the wrong way.

In other non-paedo worship news:

China reports no new coronavirus deaths for the first time since January.

Coronavirus vaccine at human testing stage.

It would be crazy if Boris dies form this. Could it quash the tinfoil 5g theories as it would show power succumbing to the threat or would people just think that he was used to help solidify their story as he wasn’t really in charge anyway.
Crazy world.

I’m surprised it needs elaborating on.

Not different, as @anon83623327 says, Weinstein was heavily involved in something like Pulp Fiction and you can’t say someone else is worse just because they are more publicly prominent.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t know how much you can trust China’s word. Boris is not on a ventilator or have pneumonia according to Number 10.

It makes no difference to anyone whether you watch Woody Allen films or ones that Weinstein produced, it’s not some big moral stand. It’s just that personally I can’t enjoy seeing Woody Allen on screen any more knowing that the guy is a total fucking creep. Especially with comedy, it feels a bit like you’re sharing a joke with someone and it’s ruined if they turn out to be horrible. But I can watch Pulp Fiction because I’m not actually looking at Harvey Weinstein.

1 Like

comedians are some of the most tortured souls out there, probably loads of wronguns or normal people being put in positions where wrong things are presented as normal and are tempted into a world with seemingly no repurcussions.
We forget that all humans have many capabilities of various wrongdoings it’s just the choice they make to stay on the right path.

Fuck, I thought you made a joke in the last post about R kelly.
Damn, will have to revoke my post appreciation :wink:

1 Like

What a man does in the privacy of his pwn closet etc…

be careful when listening to R kelly in your privacy, we know what happened to David Carradine.

Basically was going to write what markg said, not trying to rank things as better or worse just saying the situations are different due to Woody’s visibility on screen

Also I was a huge R Kelly fan back in the day but absolutely cannot vibe with his music at all anymore, his lyrics coupled with the shit he’s got up to is sickening

[Source: China]

2 Likes

So what about MJ? Is his music ruined now for everyone? Personally I don’t have any issues separating music from artist but I get that some people see it differently.

Morrissey really has gone nuts in the last few years but it’s not quite ruined his music for me yet but it could be close to that.

2 Likes

Marc Johnson is still okay in my book.

8 Likes

He has also gone nuts.

3 Likes

I used to like Meat is Murder before Morrissey turned into a vegan wanker. Different times man, different times.

1 Like

Wouldn’t say ruined, I personally will listen to it but wouldn’t play it aloud in any social situation or in public just because some people feel differently. Also I’m personally unsure as to whether allegations are true or not.

Agree with jagger on bigoted views & artists, amazed at how many kids I see rocking Burzum shirts

R.Kelly just sits in a different place for me since so much of music has really overtly sexual lyrics, to hear them in the context of what he’s done (I wouldn’t say there is much doubt out there that he has a thing for underage girls) makes my skin crawl.

1 Like

Yeah the vegan thing feels like ages ago now and pretty acceptable in comparison.

I remembering reading about that in the NME in the 90s? Then I remembered he lives in the Hollywood Hills, having lunch with Nancy Sinatra most days and doesn’t really give a shit about the UK but loves to think he’s still stirring up controversial debate.

“We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 [sic] dead. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried shit every day.”

He says it’s a murderous act though? He personally feels for millions of animals animals slaughtered daily too. He doesn’t say he wished they were dead instead of the animals or anything? He acknowledges the awful state of the world for both humans and animals.