In the news thread

I didn’t fully understand the they/them thing until I was made more aware of it through having friends that identity as non binary. As build said, sometimes mid-transition they still don’t feel comfortable as a specific gender but also for others it’s just natural they don’t identify. It’s as simple as the fact, Hugo, you’ll know 100% in your head you’re a man, sometimes people know 100% they’re neither regardless of physical genetics.

People of non binary also have to experience constantly being mis-gendered because of physical traits, which for some, can be a daily reminder of hard and depressing times before coming to terms with it etc.so government forms can be a step back for people who have tried to hard to be fee comfortable in their bodies and minds. I see both gender and sexuality as a spectrum I guess, that makes the most sense to me.

Ah, that’s it. Not ‘neutral’, sorry. Shows how much a fuss of it my pal’s making. Although I do imagine plenty of people claim it then make a massive thing about it, for the sake of it.

Homophobia is still real. Like sexism and racism. We’re not really that much of a progressive society still. If we all hadn’t be fucked over by religion for thousands of years, we’d be much further forward in our thinking. I don’t think the government are going to let you put non binary on your passport anytime soon, or pick which jail you go to if you break the law.
It’s too confusing for the general public, they just hear what they call ‘buzz words’ like no binary, gender fluid, non gender without any real explanation behind them.

1 Like

It’s crazy to think about. When Catholicism came to Rome, those guys were already building sewers, aqueducts, roads and all those incredible buildings in Rome, still extant or otherwise. But then all these freaks showed up and told everybody they’d get a much better reward in the afterlife if they put their tools down and did the praying.

Henry VIII could probably have live-streamed his wives’ beheadings if it wasn’t for the Church.

2 Likes

I’m a big believer in live and let live. If Bruce Jenner wants to identify as Caitlin, and if white Rachel Dolezal wants to identify as black, and 69-year-old Emile Ratelband wants to identify as 49, and if they really feel that way inside, who are we to say no?

Where’s Kayleigh when you need them? Would have been interesting getting their first hand experience.
I can’t help but think that ‘ID’ in these contexts, particularly when passport was mentioned, are for ‘identifiable attributes’. Perhaps if the forms ask- Do you have a penis/vagina rather than male/female this would be more acceptable. Asking for info about a physical attribute rather than an emotional one.
Fuck knows. Suppose it’s hard to now what the problem is unless youre non-binary.

“Perhaps if the forms ask- Do you have a penis/vagina…”

I get the idea that people with a need to feel different would change even this.
“It might look like a penis, but we call it an outgina” .

1 Like

Most people just want to be awkward, different, contrary to make themselves feel like they are special in some way, let them I guess, they still know deep down they are covering up for having a normal boring life like everyone else.
I know that sound very general but I do believe that many people seriously have gender issues that can’t be explained away like that.
Age, numbers, time is man made so I guess you don’t have to identify your age according to that construct but that guy is a fucking bellend because he’s still using that age scale just lower to get “pussy”

So, a bit like Kids then?

Nobody who skated was wearing Stussy in 1995.

I had skater mates who went to America on family holidays and came home with Stussy tees in about 91 or 92.
3 or 4 years is a long time I suppose.
The article also suggests that Etnies survived as a brand for not much longer than that, along with Airwalk, it has lasted much longer than that.

That’s it, I loved it until about '92 I think, and didn’t get back into it until the end of the '90s, I think. It was too old and stuffy in the mid '90s.

It also got trapped in to the Surf wear scene, which made it even less cool.

You would have thought that after 6 years, he would have mastered a little more than pushing.

Notre dame :frowning:

BBC News - Notre-Dame cathedral: Firefighters tackle blaze in Paris

If anyone managed to save the crown of thorns they’ll get a few bob on eBay for it.

It’s weird, humans got really good at doing loads of stuff in our time, but we’re still really bad at stopping fires.

Wife’s first reaction was ‘They’re French, I bet it was someone smoking’

2 Likes

Looks like it was under going heavy restoration, so a lot of flammable stuff kick about, was my first thought. Then I hoped it wasn’t a some Yellow Vest protester going mental, like when they damaged the Arc de Triomphe.