In the news thread

Remember when there was a spate of killer clowns and a real life purge scheduled.

Facebook is mental.

This 100%. My villages Facebook group has been in meltdown about dog nappings, houses being marked with chalk that have dogs etc.

No evidence whatsoever

1 Like

Why the fuck would the dog napping cartel be marking houses with chalk anyway? Rather than just saying No. 38 or whatever.

Just one of those urban legends I guess. Iā€™ve been hearing about the ā€œchalk markingā€ thing for decades. Tbh the ā€œbeware of dogā€ sign on our fence is fairly indicative (we donā€™t have a dog)

1 Like

My wife has Facebook and was recounting a story just yesterday that had been reposted umpteen times re dognappers on a beach local to me. A woman was walking her dog and was approached by a another woman who complimented her on her cute dog. The second woman wandered off and may or may not have got on her phone. Not two minutes later a man who was wearing some kind of face covering cycled past on a bike and looked at her and her dog. He was heading in the same direction as she was and she said that she had to run in order to beat him back to the car park. On arriving at the car park she noticed that there was a white van in the car park and the cycling man rode slowly passed it and it looked like he nodded at it, ā€˜ā€¦almost like they were communicatingā€¦ā€™. She got in her car and, ā€˜got out of there as quick as she could.ā€™ Hmmmmn, proof or bollocksā€¦Iā€™d go with bollocks. Well, bollocks or paranoia. FFS.

2 Likes

Chalk-mark paranoia is big here just now too, except itā€™s junkies doing houses, apparently, rather than dog breeders.

That must stem from that old train hopping hobo glyph system from the depression.

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure Orwell mentions something similar in Down and Out in Paris and London. (Although itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve read it).

Yeah itā€™s pretty rife around here. They recently busted a gypsy camp and found 20-30 dogs kept there that were stolen in and around the NPT area.

Iā€™ll agree with others about the FB stories, albeit some of them have been true. Itā€™s just some of it has been blown out in so many ways.

1 Like

While I respect the right to protest peacefully, this is pretty stupid.

1 Like

Blue and lazer.

Blue.

Lazer. Itā€™s not even the right spelling.

Didnā€™t get any further than that.

They are on land that HS2 requires so it can build a temporary taxi rank, as part of the high-speed rail project.

Thatā€™ll bring HS2 to a grinding halt Iā€™m sureā€¦

1 Like

ā€œBlue and Lazer were privately educated at King Alfred School, in Hampstead, north London, as there are no schools on the remote Hebridean island of Gometra which Mr Sandford owns.ā€

Itā€™s just unfortunate that heā€™s stuck his arm in a metal tube thatā€™s been buried in concrete. He literally needs to be drilled out

Wifeā€™s first question:

ā€œSo theyā€™ve just been shitting and pissing themselves for a week?ā€

3 Likes

Fair play to them. Somebody is making a stand, as extreme as it is, against a park being dug up to facilitate a fucking temporary taxi rank.

2 Likes

Defo- regardless of being southern hippies (lol), in an age of armchair activism theyā€™re putting their bodies on the line to try stop something that shouldnā€™t be happening in the first place, bigup. Glad these people exist and are going the extra mile to give a voice to the people. Fuck HS2

4 Likes

I just hope heā€™s ok and they can get him out. Heā€™s spent a week outside, down a tunnel. Delaying the construction of a taxi rank wonā€™t stop HS2.

Iā€™m surprised there isnā€™t more uproar about HS2 in general given the spiralling cost and the pretty questionable benefits itā€™s supposed to bring. Iā€™ve never seen the point of it at all.

1 Like

Isnā€™t there something about it going to a station 20mins outside the centre anyway so really the total journey time will be the same?