In the news thread

Inverclyde is a strange bit for sure. Only 40 minutes from Glasgow but it’s completely different. I don’t think many people make that trip, in either direction.

Clune Park, in Port Glasgow is an interesting place. Since plenty of people still live there.

image image image

CCTV camera removed for scrap.

8 Likes

I randomly came across this when I was bored in work looking through random parts of Scotland in Street View.

I saw some urban explorers go inside the church there in some video, weird 'ol spot.

The church is fine, the church is still pretty normal. I think people have been in the flats, but fuck that because yeah, quite a lot of junkies squatting (in both senses, probably) in there. Also they’re all privately owned and the council can’t get a CPO until some landlords are tracked down and offers made. Which will not be happening anytime soon.

3 Likes

Yeah from what I’ve seen in some of the flats it’s pretty bad, especially when there’s random fires being started in them.

You can see it from the main coast road. And you can see the BACK of all the blocks, which are way worse than the front. Shows how much Greenock council give a fuck about when. Not that Inverclyde is a tourist hotspot exactly, although this masterpiece did come out of Port Glasgow in 1979:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2XKvOtyY1Y

And Robert Rental helped Chris Carter and William Bennett out when they were first picking synths.

4 Likes

A few of my dads pals stayed those flats. One couple he knew moved into a flat that came available after the previous Tennant lay dead and undiscovered for a month or two, a couple of years of living there they took the carpet up to put a new one down and discover the outline of a body spread eagle in the floor the chemicals they’d used to clean him up had burnt into the floorboards leaving a lasting impression.

16 Likes

Damn! Wow.

Cap’n Tom MUST have a state funeral. Like if u agree.

2 Likes

Did anyone go and bang for him?
Just found out about it.

YOU TRAITOR!

5 Likes

It’s cold and dark. I’m not supporting the NHS in the winter.

1 Like

No shit.

It feels like the calls for another vote are just going to get stronger all the same, Boris doesn’t seem to be into the idea though.

It’s always been deranged for this exact reason.

Facts don’t come into blind nationalism much though.

any other areas of the country suffering from a supposed spate of ‘dog napping’?

Mostly just snakes here.

2 Likes

Yeah, not one corroborated instance as far as I can tell. Just Facebook scare stories about them marking houses with chalk, driving round in fake RSPCA vans etc.

I think it has gone up lately but I’m not sure if I’m confusing that with nationally or locally. As I can’t remember where I saw it posted on social media.

Edit; What markg said. A thing doing the rounds on social media at the moment.

Yeah that’s what I thought.
22 different cases, none reported to the police, no photos.
When your nan gets Facebook.