In the news thread

I don’t know but if he was an open Remainer you’d think he’d have gone long ago

The caption at the bottom of the BBC news reads…

“Joe Johnson stands down saying he’s torn between loyalty and national interest”.

To me that suggests that there are still pockets of Conservatives that are fighting for the survival of the party over what’s good or bad for the UK.
If that’s true, I’d guess that some of those individuals are looking to protect their own jobs too.
They are traditionally a very self serving and backstabbing bunch.

At this rate there won’t be much of a party left!

Good.

1 Like

If Boris were the one to end the party I’d love it like Kevin Keegan.

1 Like

And now the Tories are crying out to pass on the Brexit baton via an election.
That’s like trying to offer someone the shitty end of the stick, nah, you keep it thanks.

Yep they can’t have that one! Nice try though!

BBC Parliament now has people questioning Rees-Mogg.
Just tuned in and already he’s yelling for the election.
Ha ha ha. He’s visibly irritated and it’s fan-fucking-tastic.

Put it to the people.

Hanging, electrocution or beaten to death by nanny

Boris was just live in WEST Yorkshire being interviewed in front of a troop of police cadets.

Keep an eye on the lady to the left of Boris (our left, not his, he doesn’t have a left).

2 Likes

Problem is as bad as it seems for Boris he’s got half the country with him. Lots of MPs might seem united in their opposition but only until it gets down to the details.

Couldn’t agree more. I probably know of more people (politically brain dead morons) who agree with Boris Johnson and would vote for him in any forthcoming election than not.

Our country’s folk are largely shitty people. Any sense of overarching “national pride” or “patriotism” I ever had have pretty rapidly scarpered out of my head in the last couple of years or so.

He’s certainly accomplishing the same thing that Cameron did around election time when he wanted some extra votes from kippers in that he held the dumbest referendum there could possibly have been.
Boris is the chosen one of leave voters and many will cut ranks with the Brexit party to back him.
Worryingly, that’s a whole lot of extra people who would crawl out to vote whom might never have thought to in the past.
They will fall for the recent platitudes of austerity coming to a close, something Hammond used in the 2017 election.
Donkey, carrot, stick.

Good start.

fucking christ

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/early-election-stops-students-1-6256282

1 Like

Now they have to trap him in power until then like a wasp trapped by a jam jar and watch him squirm.

Will he break the law? I think he might. I think he might actually go full madman and do it.

I don’t know what kind of parliamentary tricks they can use to wiggle out of this.

It will go intergalactic nuts if he does but what would actually happen after that (to him but much more importantly, to Brexit)?!

Talk about zugzwang. Holy fuck he is triple fucked with a side of fucked. I love it.

After the shambles of yesterday he looks haunted. It took Theresa May ages to get that look in her eyes.

1 Like

I’m surprised that nobody had picked up on this chicken name calling that Boris has started against Corbyn.
How many times has Corbyn asked for a general election and been blanked compared to the other way round?
Nobody seems to have mentioned this.
Didn’t get headlines calling May or whoever chicken.
And how people don’t get why now is not the time to do it, quite yet and choose instead to think it’s through some element of fear.
I suppose some only hear what they want to hear and don’t bother to look very deeply beyond that.

1 Like

Cool word.

It’s a Welsh innuendo that means valley but also something else. ‘Can I take you up the zugzwang tonight Gwyneth?’

Started with Johnson calling Corbyn a big girls blouse, of course he got told off for that, as it can be seen as anti-trans. So he has had to go as PC friendly as he can with the insults.
Insults are only one thing, to try and wind someone up when everything else has failed. Most 13 year olds work that in school.

2 Likes

Two words:

Rupert and Murdoch.

The tories desperately need an election before he has to ask for this extension (by law) and are trying every trick they can to get it. They can actually fucking swivel though if they think the opposition are going to fall for it.