In the news thread

Not always, sometimes I’ll refer to the Queen as ‘Liz’ as I often find the respectful terms used over and over in the media for another human a bit much. Pretty sure there have been a few serial killers who have been referred to by their first name as well.

With Mr Johnson, I think you’re right though, it’s to soften his whole image. He’s bumbling Boris, easy going friend of the people. Which I’ll never buy into.

The Queen is an old woman, who doesn’t kill or bankrupt as many people as directly as the Prime Minister does.

Curious to know of any first-name-terms serial killers though. Thought those lads generally went by their surnames.

Jack the Ripper.

1 Like

Nice! Any real ones? Or more recent ones?

1 Like

Is this how it’s going to go, deary me. A quick but enjoyable google search reveals the following; ‘Bible John’, ‘Gert’, ‘Jack the Butcher’ (borderline plagiarism that one), ‘Joel the Ripper’ (I know someone called Joel, nice guy) and also ‘Killer Petey’.

Bible John also never got caught, so that’s a bit different. Not sure if the other ones existed though.

1 Like

I know someone that tried to become a serial killer, not a nice guy. Goes by his surname for sure but he’s not an actual serial killer and is no way as infamous as Killer Petey!?

2 Likes

Even the amateurs know.

1 Like

In that case I totally back down, referring to someone’s first name can never be derogatory. I stand corrected.

All the ripper ones should be done for copyright.

1 Like

Like adding ‘Gate’ to the end of any scandal.

4 Likes

That’s really, really annoying because it makes absolutely no sense. It’s as logical as somebody adding ‘-doo’ to the end of anybody from the North East’s name just because one person is called something like that.

1 Like

Or ‘aholic’ to whatever suits.

4 Likes

See also 'esque.

3 Likes

Hope his family get some justice

6 Likes

Nothing sums up how little I understand about the internet and the world like this story. Dreading the kids asking me to explain this stuff.

5 Likes

Buying an NFT is like paying to be the owner of a star. You can’t do anything with it than other people can’t. All you get is your name on a list that says you’re the owner.

4 Likes

The owner of the receipt…

But of course there’s a chance someone might buy it off you for more than you paid.

We have to stop thinking like this? We don’t need a celebrity in power, we don’t even need to hear from them, all we need is for eeverything to run corrctly and smoothly (in a perfect world)
If everything is good then the leader is doing their job, with no fuss.

We’re all banging on about how shite the leaders are now but we’re constantly spreading the message that the alternatives are weak. FUCK THAT! We need something to happen that isn’t these Tories.

Every word we speak on here, social media spreads, if it makes someone question then it’s taken as fact or a legitimate statement even when they have no idea what numbskull is behind the keyboard.

Loads of people read product reviews before purchasing something, it will influence whether you buy the product even without knowing if the person with negative review has no idea how to use said product or is just plain stupid.

I’m waffling and talking shite as usual…

Rory Stewart has the hallmarks of a good leader but isn’t interested.

1 Like