In the news thread

I’ve always liked Andy Burnham but he’s said much the same, doesn’t fancy going back.

What the fuck is up with all these horrific murdered toddler and baby stories? Is this the domestic abuse crisis they warned about? Just seems to be every week there are stories that reduce you to tears. What is wrong with these people?

3 Likes

Yeah I get the point but you can’t just wish someone into power. It’s not impossible for Kier to change his style and to turn things around but he has to win the popularity contest as well as the political one.

I wasn’t a massive Corbyn fan because I think he was a bit inflexible and pedantic. The whole antisemitism thing blew up because the opposition knew he’d refuse to apologise properly and wouldn’t back down.

Kier turned up and looked good…like a more moderate and less smarmy Blair…but by virtue of being somewhere in between camps he’s a bit less relatable I think. I mean, I’d much much rather have him in power than Boris Johnson so maybe I should just focus on that.

I like Corbyn and think he’s right about most things but after the initial enthusiasm when he became Labour leader I was just never convinced that there was any universe in which the Brexit/Tory-voting Great British Public would see him getting into power. Labour left seem to want to blame the centrists in their own party or the press but I think the problem was always more fundamental than that.

who in their right mind would actually want to be prime minister

8 Likes

Or an MP

Well if you care deeply about your local area and helping fix roads and potholes and…

… Oh hang on. (Imagine a Conservatives logo on Skinner here).

no-money-skinner

Majority Boris needed Labour to get him over the line. The beginning of the end from his own party?

99 rebels is pretty crazy, pretty sure that would have triggered an instant resignation in the olden days (not that long ago). Pretty mad how things have changed. Surely if there’s an official leadership challenge he’s totally fucked. Can’t be long.

2 Likes

Boris Johnson is to the conservatives what Tony Blair was to Labour.

What a time to be alive.

1 Like

Cinema & Co owner handed £15,000 fine and suspended prison sentence - Wales Online

Well, this didn’t go too well…

I was hoping to do a video premiere at this gaff next year, too.

Schools definitely aren’t going to shut, but y’know, they might.

I think everything’s gonna shut. Can’t believe how fast this variant is spreading. Unless people just carry on working while they’ve got it it’s gonna put everything on freeze.

Lockdown next week then?

5 Likes

I think we’ve all come to know that “We’re not something something” means “We definitely are something something”.

3 Likes

It looking that way, huh?

Be careful at Xmas, use a bit of caution.

Basically go out and get battered till Boxing Day then we are shutting shop.

4 Likes

See also “There was no party at 10 Downing Street”

3 Likes