In the news thread

WHAT THE FUCK

So rad

6 Likes

And yet so many people are still able to Tweet without thinking at all.

15 Likes

https://twitter.com/ex__wives/status/1476257248540303363?s=21

1 Like

Are they all just going to pile in and kick fuck out of him as part of their councilling and rehab.

3 Likes

Guilty!

2 Likes

Prince Andrew must be unable to sweat cobs in a Pizza Express at the moment.

5 Likes

Actual good news klaxon.

2 Likes

Richest charity in the UK aren’t they?

4 Likes

Wow, who would have known that fun stuff makes things better!

6 Likes

the ‘exercise as a by-product of having fun’ line is something I’ve used for over 20 years. The validation is nice, I guess. I saw something on the Guardian earlier asking for old man skate photos and experiences so they’re obv getting an article together about this too.

edit: Tell us: share your photos and experiences of skateboarding in middle age | Skateboarding | The Guardian

1 Like
1 Like

“Like surfing, the speed and flow is addictive and it helps me keep in touch with my core spirit. Skating for me is celebrating freedom, the feeling, the flow and the philosophy.”

:nauseated_face:

4 Likes

It fun.

The end.

9 Likes

Born again Skater from the 80’s gets a skateboard GB qualification to teach, so a wave of kids who will be taught to push mongo and boneless everything .

8 Likes

Spot the longboarder quote

Honestly don’t get longboarding, I dunno, perhaps just swerving feels way more fun if you never learned to do anything else on a skateboard. But when I see them sort of Daniel Gesmering their way about I have to wonder if they’re really having as much of a deep spiritual experience as they make out or if they’re mostly just hoping anyone watching thinks that they are.

4 Likes

Downhill skating looks pretty good but I don’t get people longboarding on flat.

Like this. Takes some big balls

1 Like

Those guys are absolutely mental!
I was living in Brighton when there was a big boom in longboarding (maybe 20 years ago) and hillbombing past them was a lovely feeling lol.
Let’s be honest, if you don’t skate, longboarding must be so much fun but it definitely tends to attract a ‘type’ usually with wooden beads and a fucking vile stench.

4 Likes