In the news thread

Loving the continuous Boris fuck ups but it seems none of them are enough for him to quit.

1 Like

How can he say he didnā€™t attend because he didnā€™t know it was his birthday now though? His loophole this whole time.

Since heā€™s a UK Champs after party former headliner, think he would do us a special Brian version?

5 Likes

Proud they were in my Spotify top 5.

1 Like

I beat him at musical chairs CMOAC

1 Like

It ran in Finland on a test basis with 2000 people getting ā‚¬560 tax free per month for about 2 years from Jan 2017 to Dec 2018, regardless of if they were looking for work, working occasionally or managed to get full time work. There were mixed results, I believe -
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/02/the-results-finlands-universal-basic-income-experiment-are-in-is-it-working/
https://www.kela.fi/web/en/news-archive/-/asset_publisher/lN08GY2nIrZo/content/results-of-the-basic-income-experiment-small-employment-effects-better-perceived-economic-security-and-mental-wellbeing - this is the government report.

Not really news but pretty gnarly

2 Likes

Damn. Thats gnarly. You donā€™t think about it here but jesus, imagine having to plan that

1 Like

The fact the police frickin raided a wedding (that just happened to be black people) at that time is just so fucked. Weā€™ll see if they go at this with the same enthusiasm

1 Like

Will a police investigation now be a great excuse for the government not too release the Sue Gray report? As Johnson tries too stretch it out longer in the hope interest starts too fizzle out as other news stories take over?

1 Like

Yup, weā€™re going to war again instead.

3 Likes

Yep, got covid under-control just in time for WW3! What a time to be alive!

4 Likes

Iā€™d really like to just spend a couple of politically aware years not in turmoil, please. First time I was really politically aware was during the Blair/Brown switchover and it feels like itā€™s just been white knuckles ever since. Financial crisis, coalition, financial crisis, AV vote going to shit, toxic referenda, financial crisis, Brexit, financial crisis, Trump, cost of living crisis, Teresa May collapsing, the meteoritic rise and equally meteoric fall of Corbyn, gestures vaguely at everything to do with the current government, Syria, Russia, ISIS, Marine Le Pen, the Aussie government, Nazis everywhere, Kanye, Joe Rogan, that prick in the Philippines, Erdogan, Winnie The Pooh and Chinese soft-impirialism, the Uyghur genocide, the foretold economic prosperity of Africa still not arriving, Greece. Thereā€™s shitloads more Iā€™ve not put in but itā€™s constant and fucking exhausting.

2 Likes

The Blair and Brown years really were just heaven in comparison to this lot.

Innit! But I lived in a household that read The Sun so I was equally as mental as my Labour-hating parents at that point in life. I was angry about immigrants and benefit cheats all the time aged 13 3/4. Because I thought reading the newspaper with my breakfast made me all informed and erudite.

1 Like

11 Likes

Haha, ā€œWe didnā€™t start the fireā€¦ā€

3 Likes

Stinking cover up incoming.

Didnā€™t they try claiming that the Grey report canā€™t be published now that there is a police investigation. The Met responded with a ā€˜we donā€™t mind, go aheadā€™
So now they are looking into other avenues to downplay the damage.

3 Likes