In the news thread

Yup. He’s in charge of what gets published which is a sensible course of action.

People will go mental over this but as always there seems to be fuck all we can do about it.

Also…you could drive a bus through this pause

https://twitter.com/MarinaPurkiss/status/1486249951223029761?s=20

2 Likes

I think Truss wasn’t invited to any, why the deflated pause, haha… no-one likes her, even in her own party.

Sue Gray has history of covering up for the Tories. Why do you think they were all so confident in the report already, banging out the mantra of “Wait for the report and it’s findings!” … When asked about the parties, as they already know it will be favourable to them and probably only Boris will see it in full.
The only really interesting thing is Boris and Sue Gray said at the start that the police would only get involved if anything criminal was discovered and now the police are involved, make of that what you will?

The whole thing is a complete fucking farce. Why would you need an inquiry to determine your own movements and actions?

It’s as nakedly self serving as the voter id thing. They love inquiries because they can hide behind them for ages and then disregard them after they’re done.

They’re moved rapidly from ‘nothing happened’ to ‘well it’s not like he’s robbed a bank’ in the space of a few weeks.

They want to make it seem ridiculous but the point isn’t about who had cake or some shit, it’s about having a lying bag of shit at the top of a bag of shit lying government.

Ooh I’m cross today.

2 Likes

Laura babes he errr…won’t give a shit. His life is one long political onslaught.

1 Like

Watch this if you want to be infuriated a bit more:

They really have literally no sense of why they’re there and who they are supposed to represent. I get offered stuff from suppliers semi-regularly and turn them down not only because it’s policy but because it’s right, I can affect where public money gets spent. I don’t understand why MPs are even allowed to accept expensive gifts just as long as they declare them? Just so blatantly corrupt.

2 Likes

I watched that last night, it’s depressing. Clueless and rudderless doesn’t even come close.

“What do you think the public think?” sigh they really do live in ivory towers.

That was a tough watch.

1 Like

Gutted.

2 Likes

There’s so much stuff that ought to bring Boris down that I don’t know where to start. But I’m not sure the party thing is it. If the no.10 people were working together in enclosed offices all day long, I’m not sure what difference it makes if they went out into the garden and had a beer.

Yeeeeah, the thing is, there was an email to 100 people telling them to bring their own booze to a party there, Carrie shouldn’t of been at ‘work events’, their interior decorator definitely shouldn’t of been in Boris’s office for birthday cake or the building full stop for that matter during lockdown. The list goes on. It wasn’t just one glass of wine with work colleagues at the end of the day. Taxes of all things brought down Al Capone, so it’s funny what might actually get them in the end.

Edit: Also that he lied to Parliament and the public that there were no parties, then there might of been a party but he didn’t go, but actually he then remembered he went to a party but it was only for 25mins and he thought it was a works event… but then he had gone to parties, but he didn’t know they were against the rules, that he put in place!!! Rules/laws that people followed even if it meant them not seeing their loved ones, one last time, at the hight of covid (before vaccines), while they had a jolly good old knees up most nights and anyone else caught breaking them could be fined up to £10,000!

7 Likes

Pretty good summary of this mornings stink.

My prediction. Met conclude no laws were broken, Sue Grays report comes out, nobody gives a shit because the police said it was all fine. Business as usual

3 Likes

Yeah, they’ll definitely attempt a total whitewash but I’m not sure they’ll get away with it even if it goes away for the time being. Feels like a bit of a tipping point. But then again I’m probably wrong and just being caught out yet again by having any sort of hope for this fucking country.

1 Like

A Barry Cryer joke

11 Likes

Heard this Barry Cryer one on R4 recently:

A man goes to a doctor. The doctor says: “I’m afraid you’re going to have to stop masturbating.”

“Oh no!” says the man. “Why?”

“Well,” says the doctor, “I’m trying to examine you.”

6 Likes

Dollars? Really?

That’s not his original written version, but the joke’s his

2 Likes

The third guys sound like how I feel most days, smashing my way through life, while shouting “I DON’T KNOW WHY I DO THIS BUT I CAN’T STOP!?”

1 Like

Man god to the doctor for a stomach ache.

Dr asked him “Do you masturbate?”

Guy worried, says “… er yeah I do”

Dr says “Brilliant isnt it?”

3 Likes