In the news thread

Well it seems we haven’t avoided it, it’s here now and it’s being co-opted as fodder and click bait for daft old fucks like you and Sean Goff and all his cronies to have an opinion on.

I don’t really care what genitals you use to win a skateboard competition.

4 Likes

What you’re missing is the context with any Warwick post, their m/o is to post something they know will stir up strong feelings, then they back away from their post, or post around it, ignoring the issues/conversation it raises, acting like a blissfully unaware village idiot, pretending to not know what they’ve done. That is what people are sick of here!

11 Likes

Jebus, my dude. The world definitely isn’t utopian with pagans like you about.

The difference between skateboarding and some thing like football is that we are meant to be the freaks, the outcasts, the others. We celebrate inclusivity and at the end of the day its pushing a plank with wheels

I’d rather have trans men, trans women, we/they/them/they, gays, bi, black, white, whatever - everyone altogether and competiting together (if they want)

Most of skateboarding doesn’t seem bothered. The noise is coming from the hateful minority

15 Likes

The problem comes with competition. I’m a hypocrite because I welcomed skating in the Olympics but at heart I don’t think skating is about competition. If you have competition you have rules about who’s allowed to compete and how. You can’t avoid it. But if there’s no competition there is no need for rules, and anyone is free to do what they want.

If the competitors themselves aren’t bothered then it’s you who are the problem

7 Likes

Well put. Getting pretty tired of all this shit with you @anon16628759 tbh. All you do is wind up the regulars to the detriment of the place as a whole. I think it might be better to stick to just posting to Sean’s facebook page.

6 Likes

Skateboarding isn’t a sport measured my furtherest, fastest, longest, strongest etc. It is a sport based on skill level.

Rayssa Leal back lipped the Holywood high 16 at age 14! How many current pro skaters could do that? Nyjah look at him when he was a grom, he was element producing video parts and probably competing.

If you didn’t win that’s because you didn’t perform the best tricks on the day. It wasn’t because another competitor was trans or a different gender. And competing with people who are better then you will help push your skating as well.

6 Likes

There really seems to be a correlation between old white Uk vert skaters and Brexit , BLM , trans stuff etc . Glad I grew up skating street amongst all races ages and sexes.

6 Likes

Seconded. A lot of issues of the last couple of years divide the skate community of old white vert skaters then everyone else.

2 Likes

Hi Sean

7 Likes

Thanks, keep up the projection of hate. :+1:

Like i said you dont know me, so please stop trying to insult me because i stated a fact. What is wrong with what i said?

Interesting choice of username… keep up the projection of ignorance. The trick name was changed and that is a fact.

4 Likes

Wrong. Think you are confusing sex and gender.

2 Likes

I deleted that royal photo @anon16628759 posted and DM’ed him (with zero response) as I noticed that he wasn’t sticking to skate only conversation as told but instead was lurking in this thread posting about vaccines and posting thinly veiled comments about PR around Europe…blah, blah, blah…whatever.

The whole idea of having @anon16628759 only post skateboarding would be that he couldn’t put up anything to rub people up the wrong way.
It also meant that if someone talked shit about him or to him, he couldn’t respond.

It was all about de-escalation, which at this point I feel is the only way to keep things moving on.

In my head, it might take a year or so to sort things out around here but at least he’d be included.
But he thinks that a few days is enough for everyone to forget.

And this is after a few of us trying to warn him so many times about the way he interacts.
And being ignored.

I’ve not been on here all day, but when I saw the number of new posts on this thread I just knew Warwick/Gaunty was riling up people again.

I hate being put in this position of intervening but how may times is this going to happen?

I’m really disliking what this place has become and I feel it is now because he won’t play the game or work with us. The users who he struggled with are gone but the problem still exists.

He knows best. And he is fucking this community up which I’ve been a part of for 20 years now.

Over it.
Very much so.

7 Likes

It’s a catch 22… I’ve been trying to post around them and ignore mostly.

But I don’t know what is worse turning a blind eye to such things and letting them think it’s okay to carry on or getting into internet spats… they both seem like lose, lose.

4 Likes

people have moaned before about it becoming an echo chamber here but if you came across such bullshit on the street you’d remove yourself from the conversation. i’m happy to add them to the ever expanding user-ignore list

4 Likes

On the one hand I quite enjoy some of the excellent folks on here ripping into him but on the other hand he reminds me of everything that’s wrong with the world which is annoying.

5 Likes

Nah. Fuck off transphope

11 Likes

I hope I never make it, even with Villa Newcastle beef.

1 Like